Help: iPhone Contacts Missing

sera

Dec 23, 2011
Australia
When you sync your phone where do you sync your contacts to? Mine sync with my yahoo address book.

;)
It does sync with my yahoo address book, but I don't have any of my contacts numbers in there, just email addresses. I did back up my phone and have been searching all through iTunes for my old contact book with all my numbers- epic fail! Would you have any idea where they would have stored it?

terisa

Aug 14, 2012
Seattle, Washington
all my iPhone contacts disappeared after I synced last time. this has never happened before. wtf?!

they are all still on my desktop in my outlook contacts, but no matter how I try to sync and sync, I cannot get them back on my iPhone. WTF has happened?

Girdler

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2012
If you have them in outlook, they may be assigned to a specific email address. Therefore, you could setup that email on the device(Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > add account) and choose to sync contacts OTA(over the air). You would, however, need to know the mail server settings to be able to complete this.

terisa

Aug 14, 2012
Seattle, Washington
Re "tap groups in the upper left corner" ? There is no such button. if I go to the phone or the contacts app, there is nothing in the upper left corner that says "groups" ?

terisa

Aug 14, 2012
Seattle, Washington
the top already says "all contacts" so I don't think there are any "groups.
but why did this happen at all, just randomly? it's never happened before. I used to sync all the time and all my contacts would sync over from my computer to my phone. Ive been doing it for years. what changed?

EverythingApple

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 28, 2010
North Jersey
the top already says "all contacts" so I don't think there are any "groups.
but why did this happen at all, just randomly? it's never happened before. I used to sync all the time and all my contacts would sync over from my computer to my phone. Ive been doing it for years. what changed?
Next to "All Contacts" there should be a button that says "Groups."

I'd make sure you have the correct box checked in iTunes. Maybe you didn't realize it.

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
When you sync with the pc you have to chose a way to store the contacts. So every time you do a os reinstall you get your contacts back. Maybe the contacts on your pc got erased and it had nothing to sync. Or you chose a different way to sync contacts or sync'd from another pc.