HELP iPhone frozen on Apple screen!

Feb 14, 2008
here is my terrible dilemma, can someone help?
had my phone jailbroken and upgraded to 1.1.2, have a turbosim but it wasn't working (i was told i didn't have to program anything). so i restored to .1 to try to activate SSH and do it that way. jailbreakme.com would load, but then the phone would stay on activation screen and not reboot, so i restored again, then windows.bat would freeze the phone and not reboot. so i restored to factory settings, downgraded and found out about ZiPhone...tried that (when i was in 1.1.1) and it froze my phone on the Apple screen. tried to restore in iTunes but it won't recognize the phone so now when i turn on the phone it's just stuck on the Apple logo screen. what the hell do i do

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
have yopu tried holding both buttons down till Apple appears then let go of power and plug it in while still holding down home until it reboots?

Feb 14, 2008
this isn't being bricked is it? am i able to take it to Apple and tell them to try to fix it?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
connect to computer

Hold down sleep and home for 10 seconds exactly,

then, let go of sleep, and continue holding Sleep

the screen will not turn on - this is good

youve managed to put it into DFU mode -

now that you have, restore to 1.1.3, and run ZiPhone.

Feb 14, 2008
alright i got it out of that stupid Apple logo thank you so much...i wasn't holding the home button in iTunes long enough! stupid mistake. anyway, i restored it to 1.1.1 because thats what i have downloaded. when you say restore to 1.1.1 should i go back into iTunes and update the phone now then run ziPhone? i'm not taking any steps on my own i don't want to screw anything else up haha.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
restore to 1.1.3,

its a 160 MB download,

but its the easiest to jailbreak/unlock or whatever it is you need.

Feb 14, 2008
paa-
i did that and got the phone jailbroken and unlocked however text messaging wasn't working so i decided to try it again and this time ziPhone isn't working. do i need to keep trying? i don't understand why it worked the first time and now it's not working...it just sticks on the activation screen

otto76

Feb 28, 2008
im in same boat but tried the 10 sec thing Apple shows up then the round loading symbol shows up then freezes i tune and ziPhone doesn't recognize my i phone
help!

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
do a recovery mode restore.

home + sleep till logo shows again, then release sleep.
keep down Home.

CatheeC

Jan 16, 2010
This worked for me when nothing else did!

Hi guys,

I just had to register to this forum to share this. I tried EVERYTHING I could read online: Holding the home and sleep buttons through one cycle, through two cycles, doing it while unplugged, doing it while plugged in, holding one then the other, everything.

Nothing worked :(

I was so desperate and decided to take the phone back to the store. I left it plugged into my computer with iTunes on after my last failed attempt and went to get dressed and ready. The phone was on the Apple logo, frozen. It must have been plugged in for about 15 minutes and I was just about to grab it to take it with me, when all of a sudden it beeped and reset and started to synch with iTunes! I didn't lose a thing! :)

So if you try everything and nothing else works, maybe just leave it plugged into iTunes for a while and it will reset itself at some point. Hope it works for you!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I don't think it's just a case of just leaving it plugged in. You probably rebooted it something by accident. If you look at the dates on the posts above yours... they are quite old :)

Anyways.. welcome to EiC

goodbit

Feb 2, 2010
I had all the above problems with no results. But when I changed my sync cable, everything fired up at once. Appently some sync cables work better than others.

lohf23

Mar 16, 2010
I had my brand new iPhone 3gs freeze up, it would just stay on the Apple logo screen. I would try shutting it off and it would but when i turned it back on it would just stay on the Apple screen again. And it wouldn't sync with iTunes or anything. I thought I was screwed! But i found this video on youtube that shows how to restore the phone which is way easier to follow than someone trying to explain it in text.

heres the video!

hopes this helps people like it did me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 21, 2010
Thanks for posting this.
You definitely just saved my phone!