HELP! iPhone is freezing up!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 23, 2007
As the title says out of no where tonight my iPhone suddendly froze up on me and is taking forever on start ups and freezes when it gets to the home screen. I'm running a jail broke version of 1.1.1 firmware and was told to restore the ipod in iTunes using the shift key when restoring to choose my 1.1.1 file but I keep getting an unknown error (4) saying it cannot be restored. Please help guys! What can I do to get my phone back up and working as its useless right now. Thanks in advance

Oct 23, 2007
Alright I could try that today so should I just download the 1.1.2 firmware from modmyifone.com then try loading it through iTunes since when I try to search for new firmware through iTunes it gives me an error as well? What else could I do here guys? Is there any other options? I'd like to have my phone back up and working today. Thanks again

Oct 23, 2007
Also I see with 1.1.1 you're supposed to revirginize before restoring but it looks like to revirginize I need my wifi on the phone working in which case I cannot get into as the phone boots up really slowly and comes right to the home screen with the slide to unlock background displayed as the background and won't react to anything besides a hard reset. Thanks again