HELP .. iPhoneringtonemaker hosed my iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mogway

Oct 10, 2007
Here is what I did .. using 1.1.2 .. stricly stock, no jailbreak or anything.

1. Made ringtone with iPhoneringtonemaker for Windows demo.
Installed the ringtone.

2. It seemed to work, bought program. (I did not notice at this time that
the ONE custom ringtone I had purchased from Apple was not listed on the
iPhone after the program installed the new ringtone.)

3. decided I should sync to make sure all works ..

4. syncd with iTunes .. IRTM program sync'd after iTunes ...

5. The custom ringtone I made was gone. the one I bought from Apple was now listed as normal. Decided to test again ...

6. Created another ringtone .. installed to iPhone .. problem with installing ringtone error number 19.

7. Another sync with iTunes ... iTunes could not find the DRIVE (iPhone). Rebooted iTunes, iTunes now can not find my iPhone. iPhoneringtonemaker can not restore, save or do anything with the iPhone.

Nothing can sync with my phone now. Can anyone tell me how to get iTunes to see my phone so I can do a restore or something?

Thanks.

mogway

Oct 10, 2007
Thanks for the Apple.com link. I went through the troubleshooting and the error messages pointed to the Apple Mobile device driver .. so I uninstalled iTunes and Apple Mobile Services and re-installed. That worked. Then I removed the single Apple custom ringtone I had, turned off sync ringtones and iPhoneringtonemaker is working fine.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

faseone

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Thanks for the Apple.com link. I went through the troubleshooting and the error messages pointed to the Apple Mobile device driver .. so I uninstalled iTunes and Apple Mobile Services and re-installed. That worked. Then I removed the single Apple custom ringtone I had, turned off sync ringtones and iPhoneringtonemaker is working fine.

:)
Np! glad to see I have something to offer around after all the great help I received... and welcome to the site!