Help! Is my iPhone faulty?

Fairy_dust

Bronze
Jul 11, 2008
It's really been bugging me since I got my iPhone how low the max volume is. I have missed no end of calls because I never heard my phone ring. I think I have a faulty speaker because when I am listening to music through the speakers and I cover up the left speaker I can't hear anything out of the right one. But if I cover the right speaker up the music sounds the same so my music is only comin out of one speaker or is this the same for everyone? I really hope this is a fault with the handset cox at least it would explain the low volume.

streborhcaz

Bronze
Nov 16, 2007
Audio only comes out of the left speaker. The right one, if I'm not mistaken, if the microphone. Mine does the same exact thing when I muffle the left speaker.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
hmmm...looks like you have a faulty speaker.....dude. you serious?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
There is only one speaker. Make sure your volume is turned up and not down low.

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
yeah left speaker is a speaker right one is the mic that you talk into. make sure your phones not on silent also which is the top left switch above the volum buttons. you can also set your ringer volume in the sound settings under settings.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
This guy is being an a#@ hole. There is only one speaker. Confirm that you volume is turned up. It may be low.
hey hey, no need for the langauge, it was in good nature

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
hey hey, no need for the langauge, it was in good nature
I know this, but as you saw from OP it was taken as being serious. With these new guys you need to do something to make it clear you are joking. Such as :p.
But you are right about the name calling. I do apologize.