Help! It won't go to homescreen!

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Hey everyone i just a 16 gig iPhone yesterday, but now im having a problem with it.
its stuck on the phone app, and when i press the home button it wont close and go home, i could still put it in display lock when i click the switch, but i cant turn it off no matter how long i hold it.
Its starting to stress me out please help:sick:

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
Hold the sleep and home button down for at least 15 seconds. See if that reboots it. Hold it till the Apple logo appears.

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Thanks for the reply
i just tried that, and the screen is just white, and i cant do anything else besides shut off the screen.
what the hell is this! ahhh:mad:

cabinets

Bronze
Jul 20, 2007
Atlanta Ga
Never done this, but I hear if you open iTunes, plug your phone in, and then hold the sleep button and home button down for 10 or 15 seconds, that will recover your phone. You may lose data and have to reload everything. I would search BEFORE I did this. Just in case it is wrong.

Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Now, i just did this WHILE connecting it to iTunes, and it restarted itself and all the data is still on there and everything is back to normal.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!:laugh2:
really!

gsxrdude

Aug 22, 2008
Yeah I had the same problem when i first got it. i just restarted it and it was fine.