help jailbreak broke my iPod touch

walley118

Apr 28, 2008
just got an ipod touch and thought i would jail break it.so i got a tutorial and did it step by step, using ziPhone for 1.1.4 firmware. so was going gd until i noticed i clicked on the wrong button an pressed jailbreak and activation instead of jailbreak.now my ipod touch is stuck on a screen with numbers on it saying major 2, minor 0 and stuff. was wondering if any1 ells had this and if u can help me fix it. thnx

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
Umm hold the top button and the old button at the same time then when it turns off let go of the top button and keep holding the home button till it says connect to iTunes. if that doesn't work try that while connected to you computer dock.good luck

walley118

Apr 28, 2008
Umm hold the top button and the old button at the same time then when it turns off let go of the top button and keep holding the home button till it says connect to iTunes. if that doesn't work try that while connected to you computer dock.good luck

thnx a lot worked like a charm.never trying jailbreak again as it don't work anyways, wont let me install nuthin or go on the web anymore.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
thnx a lot worked like a charm.never trying jailbreak again as it don't work anyways, wont let me install nuthin or go on the web anymore.
Don't give up on jailbreaking just because you hit the wrong button! ZiPhone works great when used correctly.

Also, when restoring, if you restore from a backup instead of restoring as a new device, you will likely run into troubles down the line.

walley118

Apr 28, 2008
Don't give up on jailbreaking just because you hit the wrong button! ZiPhone works great when used correctly.

Also, when restoring, if you restore from a backup instead of restoring as a new device, you will likely run into troubles down the line.

thnx for the advice but i done all this and always get an error saying fail to install host not found, then i tried sm things of refreshing and deleting and adding sources but still says the same and cant refresh, do you need wifi on to install things, cos it always tells me to connect to wifi but it wont recognize any of my networks. thnx

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
have you gone into your settings and checked whether your wifi is set up properly?

and yeah you need wifi to install stuff. like psylichon said, don't give up, your best bet is probably ziPhone, its simple in every single way, just make sure you read the trouble-shooting guides before hand, and when you do something just take your time!

i was exactly like yoursefl my first time, a bit hesitant. just go for it!

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
I agree. My first time to ever jailbreak my phone took me two days to get it right. Turns out I was just pushing the wrong button so to speak. Good luck in the future!

walley118

Apr 28, 2008
thnx i finally got it to work just took off the password for my router. now if u could help me with 1 other thing, which apps are the best to put on my ipod touch i need all the best stuff, if u could give me a list and briefly what they do that would be cool. also i put the nes rom on it but there is no roms in it how do i get roms? thnx a bunch u been great

Apr 30, 2008
Ok, I did the same thing only a little different. I went on ZiPhone and tried to jailbreak my touch. After about an hour I stopped the process to try it again. Unfortunately it got stuck on the same screen as Wally, but in addition now iTunes will not identify my touch. I've deleted iTunes and redownloaded it to no avial, also the restore sequence doesn't work where I hold down both buttons until it turns off and then release the top button while holding the home button. It doesn't do anything. Help.

bg61462

Jun 8, 2008
Help

I tried this and it didn't work. What do I do to fix it because I don't wanna hav $300 spent for nothing

Aug 29, 2008
I have that prob but i can't fix my iPod touch have u fixed urs if u have tell

recoil

Sep 2, 2008
help me please i pod touch is broken dew to jailbreak

hey everyone can you help me

i clicken on do it all in ziPhone then on the screen it said this should only take about 5 minutes and 10 minutes later i went ok and unplugged it then the codes where still running down my screen

so then i help menu and of buttons and opened i tunes then this came up iTunes has dettected a recovery mode. you must restore this ipod before it can be used with iTunes

please help

thanks