help jailbreaking a 1.1.2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

dubgixxer

Dec 9, 2007
alright here is my problem, i downgraded to 1.1.1 and did the jailbreakme thing and install the OktoPrep then i upgraded back to 1.1.2 and now when i do the windows.bat step it does nothing, i get nothing except a black comand promt real quick, any suggestions im on vista heard there were no proplems there? any suggestions

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
alright here is my problem, i downgraded to 1.1.1 and did the jailbreakme thing and install the OktoPrep then i upgraded back to 1.1.2 and now when i do the windows.bat step it does nothing, i get nothing except a black comand promt real quick, any suggestions im on vista heard there were no proplems there? any suggestions
Did you make sure the zip file is unzipped? If so and the windows.bat still flashes, you need to install the latest version of java:

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

magermeister

Bronze
Jul 16, 2007
goose creek, sc
i also did all of the thing to jailbreak 1.1.2 after it finished putting 1.1.2 back on my phone the installer app was not on my home screen so i thought i did something wrong. was i supposed to do something else i plugged my phone up several mins after that and ran windows.bat will this work now or do i have to do all of it again

VSpec

Dec 13, 2007
The installer icon disappears after upgrading but will be there after the final step is completed. I just did this on vista and I had no problems.