Help Jailbreaking iPhone 3G 2.2

erhalt1

Bronze
Jul 10, 2008
Well i am a certifed idiot! I have had my 3g for about 6 months and I want to jailbreak it. I am petrified............ not very good with electronics. Soooooooooo.......... i have gotten such good help here i thought i would start with the best...........how do i jailbreak my iPhone and can i keep my apps.

thanks in advance

Eric:cool:

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
It's not that hard to jailbreak an iPhone - just follow these guides here!

Just remember to BACKUP! and sync you iPhone before you start jailbreaking, and you'll have to transfer/re-install all you AppStore applications after the jailbreak thing.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
yup, and FYI if you are using a new macbook pro it won't go as planned, for some reason they don't allow the last step of quickpwn to run properly. i'm goin to bed now (just got off work) but if you have any issues feel free to pm me and i will answer them when i get up. best of luck!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Not just the new MacBook Pro, but also the MacBook and any Mac running OS X 10.5.6 affect your ability to jailbreak - DFU mode is made impossible. You can re-enable it by replacing some system kernels, if you want to go that far. Here are instructions.

Vikram

Jan 1, 2009
You are probably don't want to destroy the 'originality' feeling of the iPhone. Its quite easy to jailbreak and it takes only 10-15 minutes. The only change you'll get is just another icon standing on your iPhone home screen called Cydia, unless you want to install apps from Cydia, which is quite safe. Like Picazzo said, use the guides at http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...k-almost-any-iphone-ipod-touch-or-ipad.24014/