HELP: Jailbroken 1.0.1 to Jailbroken 1.1.3

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
I have a jailbroken 1.0.1 iPhone, and I want to update it to a jailbroken 1.1.3.

What is the best and easiest way to go about this? I am on a Mac.

Is it suggested to wait until the iPhone SDK is released this month to see what happens? I guess not since I will want a jailbroken iPhone regardless of the SDK, because I will have greater freedom.

Last question: will the "Locate Me" feature work fine on the jailbroken 1.1.3?

THANKS!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Locate Me (the application form Installer) does work. However, the Locate Me feature in Google Maps does not unless you use the Locate Me app first.

To jailbreak 1.13:
Update to 1.12 by pressing Option + Update in iTunes and selecting the 1.12 firmware. (Download it.)

Then jailbreak 1.12 using this. Open the jailbreak.jar file in the folder and use the jailbreak.

Open Installer and find 'Official 1.1.3 Upgrader from Conceited Software. Install it and open the app on your SpringBoard called 'Upgrade'. Say yes to both Hacktivation and Restore. (Regardless of whether you are with AT&T or not.) The process takes about 3 minutes.

- John

iamse7en

Bronze
Jul 27, 2007
Thank you. Sounds like it won't be that annoying. I will save a few preference files (high scores for 5dice & Garf, and a few other things) and my pictures on my Camera Roll.

Another question: Best way back up and copy my Camera Roll (pics I took on my iPhone) so they will all be there in the Camera Roll when I update to a JB 1.1.3?