Help! jailbroken 4s won't launch Safari!

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Serianni, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Serianni

Serianni New Member

OK, so I jailbroke my iPhone 4s and was installing some tweaks. I installed adblock and Safari would not launch anymore. Basically what it would do is I would click on the Safari and it would go to open up and launch and then it would quit and be at the home screen. I uninstalled any and all Safari tweaks that I installed through Cydia and it still will not open! I force quit Safari, no dice. I rebooted it several times and no dice. I tried even reseting all the network connections via Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings, and it is STILL not wanting to launch. Every other app including Cydia is working fine, even my Skyfire browser is fine. So wth is going on?!?! I just tried rebooting it into Safe Mode and Safari works ok in Safe Mode... Idk what would be the culprit

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Moved to iPhone Jailbreak.

3. RPMSTL

RPMSTL Member
    Bronze

It is one of the tweaks or cydia apps installed.

I had the same issue after installing Safari Download Manager - uninstalled it and all good.

Start uninstalling one thing at a time and you will find the issue.

4. ricks2gtouch

ricks2gtouch Zealot
    Silver

Had the same problem. Uninstalled Safari Download Manager and everything is fine now. As far as I can tell anyway!