help jjvaldez please :(

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
ok this is the deal.. i have 2 issues.. on is that my phone will not connect to iTunes.. i have a jailbroken 1 1 3 iPhone and 7.6.2 iTunes..

another thing is that i have lost all sound on my iPhone and the videos wont play.. this happened after i installed band from moo... any suggestions please ... i cant even talk on my phone or hear my voice mails..

thanks

24trepid

Silver
Jan 13, 2008
Florida
Sounds like you may have to do a restore.
Sorry, but it happens......:(

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
So the phone is on and functioning it just won't produce any sound? Have u tried reseting general settings yet?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
You've probably already tried this, but I've lost all sound a couple times and got it back right away by just doing a reset of all settings. It means you have to do things like re-enter your home WiFi password and some other prefs, but may be a real quick fix for sound ...

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
ditto the above. That should be all you need to do.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Yep, that should solve the sound issue. As for the iPhone not connecting to iTunes, have you tried using a different USB port? Changing ports often fixes the issue.

- John

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
hahahahaha yes! EIC and all its members FTW!

thanks all
.. now for getting it to read this ... anyone tried band? i uninstalled it . should i try it again?

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
tried the different port thing... not working either...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
hahahahaha yes! EIC and all its members FTW!

thanks all
.. now for getting it to read this ... anyone tried band? i uninstalled it . should i try it again?
Cool - glad you got sorted out quick. I'm using Band since last night without any probs so far. I'm just a bit worried that if it has any sort of 'You are tone deaf and should not be allowed near instuments, ever' detection system, it may find me out soon :)

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I have had this problem when I install new stuff off of installer sometimes. I actually had this problem every time I installed one of the Customize versions. I have been kind of nervous to install new stuff because of it. It freaks me out when I suddenly have no sound and can't use the phone.:eek:

H

Hayesimus

any time I've ever had an issue with iTunes recognizing the iPhone, I restate both the iPhone ad the computer and it has solved the problem.