Help! MacBar swapping iPhone

Pimpboy51

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Hi guys, well in August 4 I bought an iPhone V1 8GB from a dude in Dr Phillips. Well, the phone is having a lot of issues with me. The games crash ALOT. Camera sometimes closes down on me, Safari abruptly also closes down. Sometimes the phone has random shut offs. And Youtube seems to be messed up! (It keeps saying please connect to iTunes via internet). My phone was previously jailbroken+unlocked till I tried the restore. It worked for a good while till all the problems presumed EVEN under locked firmware! I want to take it back to an Apple store to see what's going on. But the dumba$$ seller thought Apple would give him a new warranty on March (meaning he bought the phone in 2007 and got it exchanged in march) So will Apple charge me for a new phone or will they exchange it for free? Please help thanks!

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Hi guys, well in August 4 I bought an iPhone V1 8GB from a dude in Dr Phillips. Well, the phone is having a lot of issues with me. The games crash ALOT. Camera sometimes closes down on me, Safari abruptly also closes down. Sometimes the phone has random shut offs. And Youtube seems to be messed up! (It keeps saying please connect to iTunes via internet). My phone was previously jailbroken+unlocked till I tried the restore. It worked for a good while till all the problems presumed EVEN under locked firmware! I want to take it back to an Apple store to see what's going on. But the dumba$$ seller thought Apple would give him a new warranty on March (meaning he bought the phone in 2007 and got it exchanged in march) So will Apple charge me for a new phone or will they exchange it for free? Please help thanks!
the 1 year is from the original purchase date. you will have to pay 199 if it has been longer than a year.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
crud ok! thnx! can i buy Applecare warranty for another year or so?

I don't think so. But I am less sure about this.

It is not like you are buying a refurb...you are just paying for a "repair".

I don't think you have any Applecare options.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
You cannot buy Apple care for a phone that is already passed the 1 year warranty.
I found that out first hand. With that knowledge, however, I will be buying the Apple care around the 8 month mark of owning my new phone. Got it marked in my calendar. ;)