Help me activate my phone please!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jimmyjimmy64

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
I just bought an iPhone.

I don't want to use it as a phone, but rather, just as a fancy ipod. For this reason, I don't want to activate it with AT&T.

How do I activate this this (so that I can actually get past the main menu) without having to go through the AT&T signup process?

I don't really want to use anything to hack my phone. Are there any other options?

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I just bought an iPhone.

I don't want to use it as a phone, but rather, just as a fancy ipod. For this reason, I don't want to activate it with AT&T.

How do I activate this this (so that I can actually get past the main menu) without having to go through the AT&T signup process?

I don't really want to use anything to hack my phone. Are there any other options?
THE only option is to purchase the iPod touch...

Sep 15, 2007
Atlanta
Duhhhhhh

You bought an iPhone for the ipod, even though there is an ipod touch with all of the iPhone ipod stuff.....idiot...no offense. How did you not read one review on it, each one basically says...DO NOT BUY FOR IPOD PART BECAUSE YOU CANT USE IT UNTIL ITS ACTIVATED!

Here's what you do.
-Return your iPhone.
-Get all your money back.
-Buy a 16GB iPod Touch
-Be happy

The ipod touch is the iPhone without the phone. Plus with the 400$ that you bought the 8GB iPhone, you can buy a 16GB ipod touch for the same amount.

I say this all the time...research before you buy!

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
You bought an iPhone for the ipod, even though there is an ipod touch with all of the iPhone ipod stuff.....idiot...no offense. How did you not read one review on it, each one basically says...DO NOT BUY FOR IPOD PART BECAUSE YOU CANT USE IT UNTIL ITS ACTIVATED!

Here's what you do.
-Return your iPhone.
-Get all your money back.
-Buy a 16GB iPod Touch
-Be happy

The ipod touch is the iPhone without the phone. Plus with the 400$ that you bought the 8GB iPhone, you can buy a 16GB ipod touch for the same amount.

I say this all the time...research before you buy!
lmao @ "idiot... no offense"!
and i'm not really backing his decision or anything BUT the iPhone does have a camera, that nifty calculater, AND the shiny trim.

but yeah, i also suggest that you return the iPhone and get a touch, but i'll say it in a nicer way.

jimmyjimmy64

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
well, seeing as how I live in Canada and got my iPhone shipped from the US, I don't think that I'll be returning it.

If I did you that program that I linked to, would I be able to reset my iPhone at any point in time and undo the changes that it makes to my phone? Is Apple targeting people who use this hack?

Thanks!

doron

Zealot
Gold
Apr 17, 2007
tampa, FL
I just bought an iPhone.

jimmy, THE ONLY way the iPhone will "work" is activating it through AT&T...THERE IS NO WAY AROUND IT...if you just want a fancy iPod, get the iPod touch...its the only option that you have...you have 14 days to return or exchng

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
I'm afraid that you're one day too late. After today's update, none of the previous unlocks or hacks will work. Or so they say.

jimmyjimmy64

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
and i'm not really backing his decision or anything BUT the iPhone does have a camera, that nifty calculater, AND the shiny trim.
Uhhh the ipod touch has a caulculator and a shiny back...it doesn't have a camera true...but it doesn't have flash anyways...somewhat useless on some occasions.
I just wanted you all to know that I was able to hack
my iPhone without at and t. I'm posting this message from it right , so frack you all who told me to return it. Its awesome and I'm not locked into a contract like you guys. Haaaaaaahhaaaaaaaa

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
my iPhone without at and t. I'm posting this message from it right , so frack you all who told me to return it. Its awesome and I'm not locked into a contract like you guys. Haaaaaaahhaaaaaaaa
That's nice for you.
I suggest you read the forum policies, else you might get banned.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007

Bend over and do it to yourself!

It was your post that stated you didn't want to use your iPhone as the iPhone it was intended, but only for its Ipod features!

How dare you insult the people who attempted to help you. Everyone here told you that even to use the IPOD part of the iPhone....IT HAD TO BE ACTIVATED!

You chose to mislead them, then say something as filfthy as what you said above. I PRAY that yours gets BRICKED!