Help me, can't sync the iPhone with the iTune

Ifret

Feb 25, 2009
Please, Help me to save my soul!

Just kidding :laugh2:
I'm really useless about this, so I came with just two questions:

1º I got my iPhone last week, and they said that it's a iPhone 3G 16GB does somebody knows this thing? I never heard about an iPhone 3G 16GB or any other model similar "16GB" of iPhone.
Well, I know, I'm in the iPhone Forum, not in the iPhone 3G Forum, but that is because in the back of my iPhone it shows iPhone 16GB not iPhone 3G 16GB, that's why!

So for the question, does someone knows how can I check the model of my iPhone for real?

2º The biggest problem is that I tried to download the iTune 8 in the Apple site, but for some reason I just can't sync my iPhone, the device bottom is not in the iTune scream and I can't find a way to do so... maybe I have to activate something in my iPhone first?

Does someone has any clue?

Thanks for the help!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Please, Help me to save my soul!

Just kidding :laugh2:
I'm really useless about this, so I came with just two questions:

1º I got my iPhone last week, and they said that it's a iPhone 3G 16GB does somebody knows this thing? I never heard about an iPhone 3G 16GB or any other model similar "16GB" of iPhone.
Well, I know, I'm in the iPhone Forum, not in the iPhone 3G Forum, but that is because in the back of my iPhone it shows iPhone 16GB not iPhone 3G 16GB, that's why!

So for the question, does someone knows how can I check the model of my iPhone for real?

2º The biggest problem is that I tried to download the iTune 8 in the Apple site, but for some reason I just can't sync my iPhone, the device bottom is not in the iTune scream and I can't find a way to do so... maybe I have to activate something in my iPhone first?

Does someone has any clue?

Thanks for the help!
1) The First version iPhone ( silver/aluminum back) did come out in the 16GB version just before the 3G version hit the stores. The 3G version means that it runs on the 3G network (faster) and the back of the phone is white or black plastic and slightly bowed.

2) What version operating system are you using? If Windows, then you need to be using Win XP or Higher. iTunes is not compatible with Win2000 and lower.
If you are XP or higher, or on a recent version of MAC OS, then you need to uninstall and reinstall iTunes. Uninstall, reboot, and then reinstall. turn off or pause Virus scanners before installing.

llckll

Bronze
Feb 18, 2009
1. Go to settings > general > about to find out anything about your iPhone model.

2. You should see a blue 3G if in fact it is a 3G model.