Help me convince my hUSBand I NEED iPhone

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas
hmm, well print out some iPhone pics then cut them out and leave them everywhere. Tell him how good you would look with a real iPhone in your hand. :) Or as my Wife tells me, you will get what you want when I get what I want :eek: ;)

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
hmm, well print out some iPhone pics then cut them out and leave them everywhere. Tell him how good you would look with a real iPhone in your hand. :) Or as my Wife tells me, you will get what you want when I get what I want :eek: ;)
I openly offered "favors." It did not work. Maybe he thought I was not serious. I will try harder with that later on...;)

mutilate607

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
lol. im scared to post on here because it reminds me of my dads family when i went and visited i had the iPhone and my dads cousins wife really wanted 1 and she kept telling me she was going to try and get him to buy her 1 lol

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Tell him he's cut off until you get an iPhone. How hard is that? Do what you do when you "need" new curtains... ...or a lamp... or your folks over for the weekend...
I don't want to be like that about it. That would ruin the whole "getting an iPhone" experience. I have to convince him that he wants to get it for me.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I am assuming the replies are from men. You all are saying the same thing. I will take your manly advise to heart because I want to get an iPhone. Seriously, I am hanging out in this forum and I do not even have one...yet. I am either obsessed or really lame.:(

beej

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
He is being cheap and I got a BB pearl this year already. But my work paid for the BB and pays for the phone service. I would just have to buy the iPhone and switch my service. I am already on AT&T.
So is he really being cheap, or is it not in the finances right now? He may honestly be trying to keep you from going broke.

Also, I think I remember that you couldn't use the iPhone on a businesss account...

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
No, of course not. J/k. Tell him how you're saving $200 by getting the phone now, after the price drop. Plus how you read somewhere how the next iPhones won't be so cheap and how they won't be making anymore of these models...

Sep 25, 2007
Massachusetts
Also, I think I remember that you couldn't use the iPhone on a businesss account...
I bought my original cell phone years ago through a rep at my company, so I was considered a businesss account getting a slight discount each month on my Family Plan. Activating the iPhone required me to drop the businesss discount.

Sep 25, 2007
Massachusetts
No, of course not. J/k. Tell him how you're saving $200 by getting the phone now, after the price drop. Plus how you read somewhere how the next iPhones won't be so cheap and how they won't be making anymore of these models...
I agree. This is how I sold myself on buying the iPhone recently. Getting a 4GB iPhone for $299 seemed like a deal that wouldn't be seen again when the new versions are available. Get one, if you can, before they're gone!

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
So is he really being cheap, or is it not in the finances right now? He may honestly be trying to keep you from going broke.

No, we will not go broke from this. But I think it is a matter of want vs. need. We also kind of have an unwritten rule of any purchase that is more than $100 or so should be agreed upon by both parties. That means I really should not just go buy it, although we have the money. iPhone is not worth marital strife. We used to have a lot of debt. We got married fairly young when I was still in college. We paid off all our debt except for the mortgage and one car. Anything else we buy we have to be able to pay for.

My phone is paid for from the company I work for owned by my FIL. I just have my personal cel bill go to the office and they pay it for me. They pay the bill and then they do not feel bad if they need me anytime. Our email is on yahoo small businesss server and it just pushes onto the BB, but I really do not need the email on my phone for work. My MIL and BIL both have iPhones already that they use for personal and work use.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I need ideas. Hints to husband not working. I need iPhone. I really really do.
thanks!
Tell your husband, either buy you an iPhone, or his new sleeping arrangement is going to involve something people usually sit on, the couch. He will then either cheat on you, or buy you an iPhone. Divorce is expensive, so buying you an iPhone would probably work better for him. Hope this works and also gets a laugh out of you. Make sure you come back when you persuade him to buy you an iPhone and let us all know, what worked for you...M:laugh2:

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
I think the hitting him in the wallet approach will work best. I did not think of that. I will give you guys some "thanks" Thanks. When I work it out, I will post again!

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com
I think the hitting him in the wallet approach will work best. I did not think of that. I will give you guys some "thanks" Thanks. When I work it out, I will post again!
BTW: Don't feel lame for hanging out with us iPhone owners, even though you don't have one. You will be so well educated on the iPhone, when you do get one. There is a lot of good information in this forum. Also if you plan on having an iPhone the way you want it, fully modded, don't update when you get your phone if it doesn't come with software version1.1.1. You should probably buy in the next couple of days, so the chances will be good that you don't get one with the new update. If you plan on keeping the phone stock (All Apple) no mods, then it doesn't matter when you purchase it...M