Help me decide... I AM pulling the trigger... Now, what size?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MNJON, Nov 7, 2011.

1. MNJON

MNJON Member
    Bronze

I do not have any iPad yet but have decided to buy now and enjoy one, rather than wait for another that may or may not arrive in March.

So, the question.... since I will probably upgrade if there are enough reasons, once the new ipad is released, should i go for the big guns and get a 64GB or is a 32 plenty? I'm thinking a 64 might be easier to sell at upgrade time.

That do you all think?

I honestly doubt I would need 64gb, at least at this time.... maybe I should buy 32gb's and then at upgrade time, buy BIG if I find that 32 is limiting!?

2. rom x

rom x Zealot
    Gold

if you don't need 64 then get 32. chances are but the time it even gets close to full. you would have upgraded by then.

3. 1Coog

1Coog New Member

I just was in the same boat. I went with he 16 to see how I like the iPad. Found out I really like it and there is accessories now like cables where you can add an sd card when needed! So you can in essense expand your memory fora lot of things.
    I have been very happy with it so far and of course I put ios 5 on it too

4. MNJON

MNJON Member
    Bronze

Thanks! I think I'll go for the 32 and it should be plenty for my needs.

I appreciate the replies!

5. Tyger_purr

Tyger_purr Member
    Bronze

Th only way to give you good advice on size is to know what you intend to use it for.

Music? Videos? Books? internet?

6. MNJON

MNJON Member
    Bronze

I'd maybe have 10-15 albums on it.... about 40 books, maybe 2-300 pictures at a time at most and maybe would like to be able to upload 4 or 5 movies at a time.... once I figure out how to do that.

Other than that, I will use it for internet browsing, email answering from my shop and making credit card transactions at trade shows.

7. Tyger_purr

Tyger_purr Member
    Bronze

That's probably about 10 gig depending on quality of the various files. With those numbers you could use a 16 if you didn't go wild with the apps. If you grow to use and love your iPad you would probably outgrow a 16 before you feel comfortable upgrading.

A 32 would probably be best for you. it would give you growing room and flexibility.

8. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

That isn't exactly true. You can't freely access content on the SD card. You have to import it. And it only supports a few file types. So it your iPad was full, and you had a 2 gig movie on SD you are out of luck.

9. Hillbilly

Hillbilly Member
    Bronze

Go with 64 if you can afford. One can never really have enough memory.