Help me decide where to buy MacBook Air

coolie

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
There are 2 places that I was thinking of buying from.

Total cost on the same laptop
Amazon-$2,094.00
apple-$2,137.44

Does it matter where I get them from? Would Apple.com be the better place?

gcvt

Zealot
Gold
Jun 21, 2007
San Francisco
There's really no reason not to buy from Amazon - no real advantage in ordering straight from Apple.

I bought my old MacBook from Amazon, saved a few bucks and there was no sales tax and free shipping. Not a bad deal.

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
does that include shipping? Thats not much of a price difference, I would just go to an Apple store and buy one. That's just me though, when it comes to buying things like that I like to go in person, and get it immediately :)

coolie

Bronze
Sep 18, 2007
does that include shipping? Thats not much of a price difference, I would just go to an Apple store and buy one. That's just me though, when it comes to buying things like that I like to go in person, and get it immediately :)
No, I am talking about Apple.com
They both have free shipping.
An advantage from buying from Apple.com would be that I can just go to the store to return it if I want. Right?

Luckykelleyk

Gold
Jan 12, 2008
Denver, CO
yes. I think the price difference is not large enough to buy it from amazon. Dealing directly with Apple (and the fact that they have stores) would make it much easier on you I think.

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
No, I am talking about Apple.com
They both have free shipping.
An advantage from buying from Apple.com would be that I can just go to the store to return it if I want. Right?
It depends on how the warranty is written. I would think an electronic product purchased from Amazon would have to go back to the manufacturer for warranty, not Amazon. I am guessing, though.

I would take the cheaper one. Then you can use the extra $50ish for something else or just save it.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I'm with Lucky. I'd go directly to the store; thats considering there is one near you, and buy it directly.

My decision to go the store route is based largely on the kind of money I am spending. For $2000, I want to see it up close and personal and walk away with it in my hands- not leave it up to the UPS carrier to take better care of my purchase than I would.