Help me decide!

Laylapotata

Bronze
Nov 14, 2011
I can buy a 2 month old, 8 gig iPhone 4 or a 16 gig iPhone 4, age unknown for same price about 320 bucks. Both are described as "mint", no scratches anywhere. The 8 gig is supposedly still under Apple warranty. Which one would YOU go with? As far as memory, I'm kind of in the middle. The phone I got stolen from me probably had about 500 songs and 30 apps. I don't really know how much memory it was filled with because I don't have a laptop and my bf put everything I wanted on it off of his iTunes account. I'm probably going to upgrade when the 5 comes out so I want something I can resell. Was afraid the 8 would be something I'd be stuck with, but it might be a lot newer. I can't make up my mind and would appreciate other's opinions. Thanks.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Would you be able to see the 16GB iPhone before buying or would it require ordering online for shipment? If you can meet the person and it works, I would opt for the higher GB model. It will end up in higher resale when you move to the iPhone 5.

I've never had AppleCare on my iPhones -- never needed it. If there are issues that aren't caused by someone dropping it on concrete, I'd venture to say that Apple might fix it or replace it, regardless of any warranty status. I know they are less flexible when it comes to displays, but if there is some odd internal issue, then I bet it could be swapped out.

Laylapotata

Bronze
Nov 14, 2011
Both are ebay sales. So I don't have a lot of time to sit and ponder as they'll probably both be snapped up shortly. They both look mighty fine in the pictures, are both described as "mint" and I talked to the sellers who both offer refunds if not satisfied and claim they are in perfect working order. So I'm leaning toward the 16 gig and its white too, which seems to fetch a bit higher price I've noticed. If I get burned, I get burned. It's always a risk with these things. But I have to say, knock on wood, I've never had a lemon. I just sold my 3G recently and it was still working pretty good up until the latest disaster of an upgrade. I wished I still had it to fall back on until the 5 came out, but I'm hoping I can resell whatever I buy today and not take too much of a hit in the long run.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Do they have good feedback? Not a guarantee they won't ship a lemon, but it's often a good sign. I once bought a phone that was clearly damaged. It took some wrangling, but eventually eBay decided in my favor. By in large, I suspect someone with good feedback isn't looking to screw folks over.

If the photos look good and they have good feedback, then go for it.

Laylapotata

Bronze
Nov 14, 2011
Do they have good feedback? Not a guarantee they won't ship a lemon, but it's often a good sign. I once bought a phone that was clearly damaged. It took some wrangling, but eventually eBay decided in my favor. By in large, I suspect someone with good feedback isn't looking to screw folks over.

If the photos look good and they have good feedback, then go for it.
Both have 100% Neither are high volume sellers.

Laylapotata

Bronze
Nov 14, 2011
Thanks for the input guys. I was hedging toward the 16, too. That helped.

Laylapotata

Bronze
Nov 14, 2011
Phone came today, looks pristine and covered with a Zagg, front and back. Seems to be working fine but I have to get out and get a sim. Thanks again for the advise.