Help me help myself!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
O God please do not kill me. I need a little help/direction in applying my own pictures as homescreen (with see-through icons) and the phone bar dialer.

I am familiar with Ibrickr and have had the Dallas Cowboy theme as well as the Simpson's theme installed. I have changed my system sounds and ringers andfeel pretty confident about the modding thing.

I had another member resize some photos for me in the wallpaper section of this site, I just need help knowing where to insert these photos using Ibrickr.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

p.s. i tried searching and only got hits where I could install someone ELSE'S themes, not my own.:laugh2:

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
O God please do not kill me. I need a little help/direction in applying my own pictures as homescreen (with see-through icons) and the phone bar dialer.

I am familiar with Ibrickr and have had the Dallas Cowboy theme as well as the Simpson's theme installed. I have changed my system sounds and ringers andfeel pretty confident about the modding thing.

I had another member resize some photos for me in the wallpaper section of this site, I just need help knowing where to insert these photos using Ibrickr.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

p.s. i tried searching and only got hits where I could install someone ELSE'S themes, not my own.:laugh2:
You don't need ibrickr or any other hack to change your wallpaper.

Make a folder called wallpapers in what ever app you use for your photos.
Then make sure you have that folder selected when you sync your photos.

Find the picture on your iPhone. Once you are viewing it, click the little symbol in the lower left and choose 'use as wallpaper'.

Now go to summerboard preferences and change wallpaper to 'settings' and now your springboard background will be whatever you set as the wallpaper.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines

Find the picture on your iPhone. Once you are viewing it, click the little symbol in the lower left and choose 'use as wallpaper'.

Now go to summerboard preferences and change wallpaper to 'settings' and now your springboard background will be whatever you set as the wallpaper.

hmmm... ok i will install summerboard and see...

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines

That does not seem to work for me. wtf? I can see the picture as wallpaper BEHIND the springboard icons but I cannot seem to get my picture as the springboard background....AGAGGRRRR

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
That does not seem to work for me. wtf? I can see the picture as wallpaper BEHIND the springboard icons but I cannot seem to get my picture as the springboard background....AGAGGRRRR
Go to photos and click the photo you want to be your background.
Tap the icon and the lower left.
Tap use as wallpaper.
Click home button.
Tap SMBPrefs icon.
Under wallpapers click 'setting'
This will tell summer board to use the wallpaper you set up and not the one from one of the summerboard themes.

Restart your phone.