Help me! I'm on a spending Spree!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I kid you not, I think I have bought about $30 in apps over the past week, $58 for my IMP500 battery, and $48 for my Podium deskstand. I think I have a serious problem growing.

I spent $8 today alone. ( of course one of those was for Simply Tweet $4.99 because Twitterator has pissed me off for the last time- too many failed tweets and unable to connect to server errors)

I think I might need some help... And I promise to go to therapy...

Right after I get these new headphones that are coming out from budsgoblue.com!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I know how you feel. I ordered 3 new pairs of sunglasses online yesterday. Plus, I'm browsing the App Store now trying to find something fun to buy.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
Twitter is a fad and will end soon. Just look at how idiots in the NFL and other sports are ruining it. Never thought it was that cool anyways.

Twitter update: "I just took a major crap!"

I just bought Madden 10 for iPhone and ESPN radio app. But I had a $15 gift iTunes card so I'm not as big of a sucker. I do feel the need though to get the 3GS and some new video games. Damn!

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
well, here are some of the new Apps I picked up, check them out:
Faces
SimplyTweet
iCam
Brushes ( actually had this one for a while but worth mentioning)
Waze (pronounced Wayz)
Duke Nukem 3D
Emergency Radio
Another worth mentioning is World Championship Pool 2009 - If you like pool. I love the 9 ball game.
Appbox Pro...Depends on your needs. I find it useful about once a week.
And of course Snapture- such an awesome camera app.

And if you are a geek like me and like having access to your PC from anywhere, Jaadu VNC ( I got lucky and picked it up for $5, normally $24.99)

I also picked up X Men Origins and Iron Man movies. Need entertainment for my flight to Ecuador next week.

Damn I need help....

Jan 16, 2009
Mississippi
I bought the 20 iMac Saturday for $1199. I did sell my quad core HP today for $600 so I got half back.

Krunk83

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2008
I also picked up X Men Origins and Iron Man movies. Need entertainment for my flight to Ecuador next week.

Damn I need help....
Don't get kidnapped, you look pretty white. Also, eat lots of guinea pigs. They are very nutritious.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
well, here are some of the new Apps I picked up, check them out:
Faces
SimplyTweet
iCam
Brushes ( actually had this one for a while but worth mentioning)
Waze (pronounced Wayz)
Duke Nukem 3D
Emergency Radio
Another worth mentioning is World Championship Pool 2009 - If you like pool. I love the 9 ball game.
Appbox Pro...Depends on your needs. I find it useful about once a week.
And of course Snapture- such an awesome camera app.

And if you are a geek like me and like having access to your PC from anywhere, Jaadu VNC ( I got lucky and picked it up for $5, normally $24.99)

Damn I need help....
I've heard other good things about Brushes, I might have to pick up that one. And I got Jaadu VNC at the discounted price too, I love that App. Iron Man was such a great movie, much better than X-Men Origins in my opinion.

Ecuador, that should be exciting. Business or pleasure? I'm planning a trip to Colombia in Christmas if I can get it worked out.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I've heard other good things about Brushes, I might have to pick up that one. And I got Jaadu VNC at the discounted price too, I love that App. Iron Man was such a great movie, much better than X-Men Origins in my opinion.

Ecuador, that should be exciting. Business or pleasure? I'm planning a trip to Colombia in Christmas if I can get it worked out.
Going to Ecuador for my best friend's wedding. His Bride-to-be is from there. He's from Lebanon - I love him to death, but I am NOT going there. Not any time soon.

Brushes is like Paint for the iPhone. LOTS of versatility. I am working on some stuff now and hope to post them soon.
I'm a huge wolverine fan ( have a mint # 1 in the collection) and I think Hugh portrays him very well. I do think they crammed a little too much into the movie, but it still keeps me glued to the screen. Robert Downey was simply awesome as Tony stark. enough said.
I don't think I look too white, even if I am. LOL Like the "Tony Stark" goatee? needs to come in just a little more...

Hawk 9-25-09.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Notice there is NO shoulder muscle on the left arm... I am using the camera to hide the scar.

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
don't forget to pre-order Transformers 2 and Star Trek Blu-Rays on Amazon.com that's another $60

play xbox 360? halo odst, pre order call of duty MF2!

spend spend spend!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Going to Ecuador for my best friend's wedding. His Bride-to-be is from there. He's from Lebanon - I love him to death, but I am NOT going there. Not any time soon.

Brushes is like Paint for the iPhone. LOTS of versatility. I am working on some stuff now and hope to post them soon.
I'm a huge wolverine fan ( have a mint # 1 in the collection) and I think Hugh portrays him very well. I do think they crammed a little too much into the movie, but it still keeps me glued to the screen. Robert Downey was simply awesome as Tony stark. enough said.
I don't think I look too white, even if I am. LOL Like the "Tony Stark" goatee? needs to come in just a little more...
Dang, destination wedding, that's pretty exciting. And you're looking good from the surgery. How's the shoulder doing?

And yes, RDJ was awesome as Tony Stark. I cannot wait for the sequel.

lionqueen

Bronze
Aug 28, 2009
Beautiful San Francisco
Notice there is NO shoulder muscle on the left arm... I am using the camera to hide the scar.
Now you can't say that without explaining what happened (if you want to, of course :) )

Ecuador sounds fun. Do you plan to do any sightseeing at all, maybe go on a jungle walk and see some animals?

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
well, here are some of the new Apps I picked up,
SimplyTweet
I have just got that and I am loving it so far I think it may be a replacement to Tweetie as Tweetie needs a update before I start using it again!.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Tweetie fell way behind.

I also picked up SimplyTweet two days ago (was also considering Twittelator Pro). And just yesterday, ST was listed on iTunes "hot list" and Twittelator started experiencing a twitter bug that requires an update. I think I made the right choice. :)

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Yeah Tweetie needs to add a few features such as auto landscape keyboard, Video uploading from the 3GS, Badges to let you know how many new tweets,mentions,direct messages you have and some other stuff.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Push notifications for @replies is pretty key in my book now. That and conversational threading really make Twitter a lot more useable for me.

RossMc

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2009
Newcastle, UK
Yeah im not sure what is happening with Tweetie I don't know if the developer is working on something new because I seen a tweet off Stephen Fry and he was using something called big bird.

And if you click on it the link takes you to the atebits website with just a picture.

http://www.atebits.com/software/bigbird/

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Well I've paid for both now. Whoever wins the feature/UI war will be the one I use!