Help me (or i have to restore)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
hello ppl i need some help this is strange when i install some widgets to my iPhone it said "you cannot make phone call" ! now why is that ! it's so annoying ! anything to fix this i don't want to restore please help asap

Last edited by a moderator:

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
hello ppl i need some help this is strange when i install some widgets to my iPhone it said "you cannot make phone call" ! now why is that ! it's so annoying ! anything to fix this i don't want to restore please help asap

What is the status of your phone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
the phone is running ! but i cannot tap any number or call any contact ok here's the message i get : Repair needed iPhone cannot make or receive call got to www.iPhone.com/support but my iPhone is jailbreaked its not legal so help ! :(

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
Even if you needed Apple's help to fix the problem you would still have to restore anyways. Maybe if you restore it will fix the problem without having to go through Apple support. It will be a pain in the butt to do the jailbreak all over again but at least your phone will work.

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
i had to restore but yet it didn't worked so i restored to an updated version i was using 1.1.1 but when i restored to this version it didn't worked i had to restore to 1.1.2 then restore back to 1.1.1 (activate jailbreak unlock) but the unlock didn't worked so i had to downgrade my baseband and then restore to 1.1.1 but the problem now is when i go to www.jailbreakme.com and do the procedure when it finish and boot the booting takes forever with no response! if anyone can help please assist me, i will try my best to make it work :(

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
How long is forever? I know when my brother did his jailbreak on 1.1.1 it took like 15 minutes for the reboot. I know that's not normal, but I have seen it happen before.

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
How long is forever? I know when my brother did his jailbreak on 1.1.1 it took like 15 minutes for the reboot. I know that's not normal, but I have seen it happen before.
15 mins! no i didn't waited that much only like 5 mins but it should work within 5 mins

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
Hey Buddy! guess what i restored to 1.1.1(also tried 1.1.2 then 1.1.1 couldn't go back to 1.0.2) and none is working! after the jailbreak on 1.1.1 the iPhone go into an endless boot! :( how can i restore to 1.1.1 with another way or 1.1.2 (but i done nothing so i guess the iPhone is not prepared also the jailbreakme site isn't working on this firmware)..

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
i had to restore but yet it didn't worked so i restored to an updated version i was using 1.1.1 but when i restored to this version it didn't worked i had to restore to 1.1.2 then restore back to 1.1.1 (activate jailbreak unlock) but the unlock didn't worked so i had to downgrade my baseband and then restore to 1.1.1 but the problem now is when i go to www.jailbreakme.com and do the procedure when it finish and boot the booting takes forever with no response! if anyone can help please assist me, i will try my best to make it work :(
Try to connect to iTunes. When mine got stuck rebooting thats what made the phone finally wake up and go to the homepage so I could turn on wifi to continue. There are so many steps that if you miss just one thing it won't work. I had to do it several times and the connecting the phone to computer and opening iTunes was what finally made it work for some reason.

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
first i want to say big thanks for all the support i appreciate that.

Some how i tried to restore to 1.0.2 and now i am trying to jailbreak via apptapp software it will take about 2 hours let's see if this works, i really don't care which version i use in the meantime i just want my iPhone alive again to use my phone

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
first i want to say big thanks for all the support i appreciate that.

Some how i tried to restore to 1.0.2 and now i am trying to jailbreak via apptapp software it will take about 2 hours let's see if this works, i really don't care which version i use in the meantime i just want my iPhone alive again to use my phone
I'd suggest picking a guide - checking with people here that you have the right guide - and then follow it to the letter.

It does sound as if you're trying things at random 'just to see if it works' and this isn't very scientific, and rarely successful. You need to know what state your phone is in - know what needs to be done to it - and do EXACTLY the right things to it to make it work.

I understand how frustrating it is when nothing seems to work, but It's just as painful to see someone struggle for hours when it's actually 20 minutes work at most.

Techno_man

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
The restore done but i cannot unlock my sim card with anysim actually it says successfuly unlocked but my sim card has no signal (this also happened with me on 1.1.1 when it worked!) :(

When i connect to iTunes it says that there is no sim card power off and put sim but there is a sim card ! why is that happening and how i can fix it i just want the phone back to normal!

Feb 5, 2008
After having other problems and trying to go back from 1.1.3 with a supposedly 3.9 bootloader I am not in this situation with the sim card error and also the Repair Needed error.

Anyone able to help at all?