help me out...experts....or even slightly smart people

Dkerr92

Jan 18, 2008
I plugged my iPhone into my laptop and it asked me if id like to update to 1.1.3 and 7.6 on iTunes...I downloaded both. After everything was complete, I went to my songs and the 11 songs that i had most recently purchased on the iTunes on my iPhone were all gone...i went to my email and still have the reciet, that iTunes sent, does anyone have any idea where my songs went...I don't want to waste the money to buy them again...

thank you for any response that could help

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
You might need to "authorize" your account again in iTunes. It should bring them back after that.
(not sure why it would de-authorize your account with just upgrading your existing iTunes, unless you are not logged in under the correct user account, or you don't normally use the laptop to sync with.)

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
With iTunes open, click on the purchases tab at the left. If not there then go to Store at the top and then click on "Check for Purchases" you can do this once.

Dkerr92

Jan 18, 2008
You might need to "authorize" your account again in iTunes. It should bring them back after that.
(not sure why it would de-authorize your account with just upgrading your existing iTunes, unless you are not logged in under the correct user account, or you don't normally use the laptop to sync with.)

I authorized it and the songs are still gone

I hadn't synced before updating

im sure thats my problem?

Dkerr92

Jan 18, 2008
With iTunes open, click on the purchases tab at the left. If not there then go to Store at the top and then click on "Check for Purchases" you can do this once.
I went to the store but where do i click check for purchases?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
After everything was complete, I went to my songs and the 11 songs that i had most recently purchased on the iTunes on my iPhone were all gone...

Okay, reread your OP. So you bought them on wifi iTunes with the phone.

There should be another tab in iTunes 7.6 it will say "Purchased on your phone"

Do you see it there.

Also Power off your phone, then power on.

Then reboot your cpu and dock the phone.

Dkerr92

Jan 18, 2008
I do see the "purchased on your phone" and the songs are not there either...I have already turned off power to the iPhone

how do i reboot cpu?

Dkerr92

Jan 18, 2008
also Just to verify the songs are neither on my phone nor iTunes anymore like they were before i updated software last night.

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
The thing is he did not purchase them through the computer. He bought them on the wifi iTunes with his phone. Thats what we are trying to figure out.
Aaaaah ok.
I did a sync before just before I updated to back up the phone and make sure I didn't lose anything. I'm guessing you had not synced in between buying the songs and updating?