Help me out with a contest idea

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Many of you are in contact with members who at some point were active here at eiC. People get busy, dare I say some use other forums and there is always the slowdown that accompanies a lack of hardware announcements. For whatever the reason, I'd like to see how we'd go about bringing back members who in the past have made solid contributions to the forums. There a good number of knowledgeable folks who don't frequent the site as often.

I'd like to see some longtime members back in the mix, but I'm only one person. Some of you have relationships with folks either on Twitter, Facebook, etc.

I was thinking along the lines of a referral prize for the returning member, along with the member who "brought them back" in the fold. Maybe something in the form of apps. If you bring back a member, you can each select your choice of an App Store app (within a select price range TBD)?

I'm figuring we can have some fun with this... get some good folks back in the mix and give away some free stuff?

Thoughts? Criteria for who is on list? Post count, last active?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I like this idea.

Evo is a must, but, he's into heavy modding of iPhone iOS (themes and alike), I'm not saying that there isn't enough creative topics on the application of themes to an iPhone/iPad etc I just think (totally personal opinion) maybe we should shy away from so many app reviews and maybe concentrate more on news and jailbreak orientated info. I think this would draw back previous members who joined eiC for this purpose.

Then there is, Jack, Hippo and FlowerPwr for example. I know you can't cater for everyone.

Now that mods have a little more control with the new software I think we're going to see much less trolls and bad-mannered members, I think we've got rid of most of them thus far.

Prizes would b awesome... tell you what, Chris. If I get Evo back can I have a new MBP Retina? Thanks :)

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I like the idea too. I'd love to see hippo and others come back. I don't have any great thoughts on criteria or prizes though.

FlwrPwer

Evangelist
Gold
Aug 7, 2008
Montgomery, NY
I like this idea.

Evo is a must, but, he's into heavy modding of iPhone iOS (themes and alike), I'm not saying that there isn't enough creative topics on the application of themes to an iPhone/iPad etc I just think (totally personal opinion) maybe we should shy away from so many app reviews and maybe concentrate more on news and jailbreak orientated info. I think this would draw back previous members who joined eiC for this purpose.

Then there is, Jack, Hippo and FlowerPwr for example. I know you can't cater for everyone.

Now that mods have a little more control with the new software I think we're going to see much less trolls and bad-mannered members, I think we've got rid of most of them thus far.

Prizes would b awesome... tell you what, Chris. If I get Evo back can I have a new MBP Retina? Thanks :)
Hey. Someone misses me! hehehehe

But seriously, sorry I've been all out of reach. Bought a house, ended the school year, moving schools, and bought a new car. I'll post pictures of everything when it's all done. But if there is a contest, John deserves to be entered for missing me. ;)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
What if I were able to throw some sort of 'member of the week' into the mix?

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
My thoughts I am a fairly newer user or has it been a year ?
Anyway my thoughts ......I go through beeing very active (like now)to just lurking.
My life is busy at times. Summer all forums slow down anyway.
Besides new iPhone is around the corner and we see a lot more oldtimers chime in.
Contest thoughts
People do best when challeged and competition is fearce.
A good price will sweeten the deal.
How about adding batches ? Poster of the day/week/month/year ? Recruiter star? Oh I'd like an iPhone next to my name please LOL

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
What if I were able to throw some sort of 'member of the week' into the mix?
I'm not proud to say that I had all sorts of Beavis and Butthead he he type thoughts when I first saw this. Moving on from those, I think this might be a fun idea too. Like the Return of the Jedi recruitment idea better though.