Help Me Please! Contact Photo's

May 9, 2008
I have taken photo's when adding contacts, rather than taking a photo then assigning it to a contact, is there any way that i can transfer my contact pictures into my normal gallery or camera photo's as they're really nice pictures :(

Please help,
Thanksss.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
You'll need to have a jailbroken device so that you can ssh into private/var/media/photos/thumbs. Your contact photos are stored as thumbnails.

May 9, 2008
You'll need to have a jailbroken device so that you can ssh into private/var/media/photos/thumbs. Your contact photos are stored as thumbnails.

it is jailbroken.

How do i get into that?

Ive only had my iPhone since saturday so im not very good at working it yet :( lol

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Do you have OpenSSH installed on your phone?

You will also need a Mac or PC with an SSH client (WinSCP or Fugu/Cyberduck). Connect to your phone via WiFi. Once connected, look for the path I mentioned above, and drag the thumbnails to your desktop.

Justin

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
I'm going to bring this thread back....

Is the original file stored anywhere? More so than just a thumbnail?

Justin

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Well I tried to locate that directory as thumbs are better than nothing and this is where I got lost.

/private/var

There is no media directory under var.

After searching around I found this directory, but the files are .ithmb and there's o nly a few. I listed them below.

/private/var/mobile/Media/Photos/Thumbs/

F3004_1.ithmb
F3008_1.ithmb
F3009_1.ithmb
F3011_1.ithmb

jgibo1

Aug 20, 2008
I'm not sure on what you are trying to do. I had attached a phone in Outlook and when they synched to my iPhone they were small pictures. So i moved the photos to my gallery and then assigned them to the contact. They now open full screen when the person calls.
Is this what you are trying to do?

Jul 28, 2009
I took photos as I was creating contacts at a recent reunion. Now those photos are not in the "Photos" icon on my iPhone. I tried to share the contact via email. When the contact card arrives with the picture in an email, I cannot open just the picture to save it on my computer in iPhoto. Any ideas?