Help Me Please.

jlibertto

Feb 4, 2008
hello

i recently bought my husband an iPhone. its unlocked and came with i think its called a nextsim generation 4 chip. we have tmobile and when i turned it on its fine. you can make and receive calls. but when i try to go onto youtube, the internet, maps, etc...it says theres no connection.

now i know NOTHING about wifi. we have internet at home, but it isn't wireless. i was at someone elses house, who has wireless...and it detected the connection, but wouldn't let me join the network. it said the password was wrong which it wasn't. i talked to geek squad, and they said it would cost 129 bucks to have someone hook it up and show me how to do it.

now do i need to get wifi for it to work?
i know people who bought an iPhone from Apple, and they get a connection all over. and if it is that we need to buy it for the house..when he leaves the house, will he still be connected?!?!

please help me. i know nothing like i said about wifi, or even iPhones for that matter.

thanks a lot : )

jackie:mad:

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
hello

i recently bought my husband an iPhone. its unlocked and came with i think its called a nextsim generation 4 chip. we have tmobile and when i turned it on its fine. you can make and receive calls. but when i try to go onto youtube, the internet, maps, etc...it says theres no connection.

now i know NOTHING about wifi. we have internet at home, but it isn't wireless. i was at someone elses house, who has wireless...and it detected the connection, but wouldn't let me join the network. it said the password was wrong which it wasn't. i talked to geek squad, and they said it would cost 129 bucks to have someone hook it up and show me how to do it.

now do i need to get wifi for it to work?
i know people who bought an iPhone from Apple, and they get a connection all over. and if it is that we need to buy it for the house..when he leaves the house, will he still be connected?!?!

please help me. i know nothing like i said about wifi, or even iPhones for that matter.

thanks a lot : )

jackie:mad:
I posted a reply on another thread where you posted the same thread. You shouldn't post the same question in multiple threads. FYI.
;)

jlibertto

Feb 4, 2008
i know, sorry bout that. no one answered me here so i thought i would try my luck, and go to the spot where people actually responded

sorrrrry