help me with understanding about update

Aug 19, 2007
ok, in previous threads, i've noticed that safari is smoother, and that the basic UI is Smoother. Now, i've also heard that volume is loouder as well, i agree with the EQ "sounds better at high volumes (EQ off)", but i don't notice volume differences.

Now... would a restore fix voulme, or make it worse?

WHAT WILL ITS ERASE/KEEP?

thanks all
Foo

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I really did not notice a huge difference in volume either. I typically listen to music at 1/2 full blast in crowded places. I tried listening to music at 1/3 - 40%ish today, it seemed a little bit louder.

Maybe I overlooked it, but I don't know where it said that this update (1.02) fixed volume. People are wanting certain updates / fixes so bad, it's like the placebo effect.

A restore would make your iPhone like it just came out of the box. You may get the original sound back, but you would lose the safari fixes and UI fixes.

Being a longtime Apple user, I would recommend keeping up with the updates.

JiggyMatt

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.myspace.com
i agree. stay up on the updates. My volume is MUCH louder since 1.0.2 but it was VERY low before. I could BARELY hear the caller on speaker before, and If I was driving, forget about it! I had to smash the phone into my ear to hear anything. and I have great hearing and HUGE EARS! so i know it wasn't me. but now my volume is wayyyy louder. hopefully yours is the same because you never had a volume issue in the first place.