help me with used iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

wbrod

Oct 25, 2007
My friend gave an iPhone that it say insert an unlocked and valid sim card to activate. So my question is, if it say insert an unlocked and valid sim card do that means that this phone was unlocked before? Anyway how can i tell if it has been unlocked? Thanks in advance...

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
You can do one of two things here:

1: Insert a SIM card that has been activated on THAT iPhone via iTunes. This is not the case for you, as you received the iPhone from a friend.

2: Depending on the firmware, you can jailbreak and activate the phone and use any AT&T SIM card. If you wish to use a non AT&T SIM card, then you will need to anySIM it.

You can find out how to do all these things by searching on this site. It has been covered millions and millions and millions of times.

You can find out if it has been unlocked by activating it and inserting a SIM card of another carrier and seeing if you can get signal.

My friend gave an iPhone that it say insert an unlocked and valid sim card to activate. So my question is, if it say insert an unlocked and valid sim card do that means that this phone was unlocked before? Anyway how can i tell if it has been unlocked? Thanks in advance...

wbrod

Oct 25, 2007
You can do one of two things here:

1: Insert a SIM card that has been activated on THAT iPhone via iTunes. This is not the case for you, as you received the iPhone from a friend.

2: Depending on the firmware, you can jailbreak and activate the phone and use any AT&T SIM card. If you wish to use a non AT&T SIM card, then you will need to anySIM it.

You can find out how to do all these things by searching on this site. It has been covered millions and millions and millions of times.

You can find out if it has been unlocked by activating it and inserting a SIM card of another carrier and seeing if you can get signal.

Thanks for the reply, the version is 1.1.2 can you point me in the right direction to jailbreak and onlock thanks in advance

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.