Help meh!

JTS

Jun 17, 2009
Ok, so I have the original iPhone. I had it synced to another computer but that died. I also jailbroke it on that computer, but I uninstalled it from my phone. BUT, now I am missing my Stocks app.

I got the new MacBook and was wondering if there is anyway I can sync it to that so I can get the new update? I do not want to lose any of my contacts, pictures, or texts. I need to restore it to factory settings so that I can get my missing apps back too.

JTS

Jun 17, 2009
Also, I've had my iPhone since it first came out two years ago. After two years do you get a free upgrade to the current model?

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
Ok, so I have the original iPhone. I had it synced to another computer but that died. I also jailbroke it on that computer, but I uninstalled it from my phone. BUT, now I am missing my Stocks app.

I got the new MacBook and was wondering if there is anyway I can sync it to that so I can get the new update? I do not want to lose any of my contacts, pictures, or texts. I need to restore it to factory settings so that I can get my missing apps back too.
I believe if you backup on the new MacBook (right click on the iPhone device name in the left sidebar) before you do anything else, you should be fine.

Ohmster

Silver
Jan 26, 2008
SoCal
Also, I've had my iPhone since it first came out two years ago. After two years do you get a free upgrade to the current model?
Unfortunately, no. You get a much more appealing upgrade price, but that's it.