HELP: messed up Cydia, iPad 2

andwan0

Oct 20, 2011
I have iPad 2 3G, Version 4.3.3 (8J2), Carrier 10.0, Modem Firmware 04.10.01

Upon purchase I immediately jail broke it via jailbreakme.com website and it installs Cydia. I installed some extra programs via Cydia (Python, unix core utils, ssh, sed, grep, etc.)

Then I decided to free up some space and "removed" programs via Cydia, starting from apt-get, whilst ignoring the warning message.

Now Cydia has disappeared. Was apt-get part of original iPad OS itself? I would like to clean reinstall cydia.

I tried jailbreakme website but it says it cannot jailbreak (because it's already jail broken) I tried manually installing apt-get.deb / curl.deb / cydia.deb (via /private/var/stash ) but I just get errors. So am wondering how to clean install cydia again.. or should I restore the iOS 4.3.3? If I do restore 4.3.3, will I lose my 04.10.01 baseband?

applejailescape

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2010
Ireland,UK
Have you tried downloading the 4.3.3 firmware and then holding control then restore and selecting it and then doing the whole jailbreaking process again ?

andwan0

Oct 20, 2011
Have you tried downloading the 4.3.3 firmware and then holding control then restore and selecting it and then doing the whole jailbreaking process again ?
I would... only if someone can confirm/verify that I will keep my baseband the same. I am having problems backing up my SHSH blobs... :(

andwan0

Oct 20, 2011
Too late now. I decided to do a blind restore using iTunes to 5.0.1. But not even that helped! I keep on getting "The iPad "iPad" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (21)."

My iPad2 is fubared. Throw away in trash.

:~~~-( long live PC

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Too late now. I decided to do a blind restore using iTunes to 5.0.1. But not even that helped! I keep on getting "The iPad "iPad" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (21)."

My iPad2 is fubared. Throw away in trash.

:~~~-( long live PC

Is iTunes fully up to date? Have you attempted to put the iPad into DFU Mode and tried restoring?