Help! my 3G 2.2 is Bricked

Sep 24, 2008
Help! my 3G 2.1 is Bricked

I have searched and have had no luck. I only have access to emergency calling, but it does allow me to call out. I am using a Turbo SIM but cannot get out of this bricked mode.

Any suggestions? Someone please help!

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
register on this forum and conduct a search for whatever u r trying to do..restore back to 2.1 or migrate to 2.2. lesson learned here is don't be in such a hurry to migrate to the latest f/w update. i always, always, read the feedback here before migrating. good luck

Sep 24, 2008
I am in Canada and purchased the phone in the US. I purchased one for my girlfriend and one for my self. The one she has had access to iTunes and safari before she even inserted her sim and turbo sim and I am sure in the info it says 2.2. Anyways, The phone I have cannot even get past the emergency call.

Will a downgrade to 2.1 and a Jailbreak fix it.

Sep 24, 2008
sorry, my bad. it is 2.0.2.

so what is the cure?

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
You need to do a hard restore. If you search for "silver Apple logo" you'll find information on how to do that. After that, you should upgrade to 2.1. That might help your stability.

Sep 24, 2008
turbo sim? Is that AT&T? If not you're out of luck. You can't unlock a 3g phone to another carrier yet.
I have another 3G that was previously from AT&T is using a turboSIM to unlock on the Rogers network here. It works great

I want to find a way to unbrick this other phone of mine

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
You need to do a hard restore. If you search for "silver Apple logo" you'll find information on how to do that. After that, you should upgrade to 2.1. That might help your stability.
I would NOT recommend updating to 2.1 until he knows that his Turbo Sim will work with that firmware.
Just restore to 2.0.2 and setup as a new phone. You will lose some info like pics and notes, and you will have to set up your mail again, but you should be good to go after that point.

Sep 24, 2008
I would NOT recommend updating to 2.1 until he knows that his Turbo Sim will work with that firmware.
Just restore to 2.0.2 and setup as a new phone. You will lose some info like pics and notes, and you will have to set up your mail again, but you should be good to go after that point.
Thanks. Currently when I plug it into iTunes i get some sort of SIM PIN error. any ideas?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Thanks. Currently when I plug it into iTunes i get some sort of SIM PIN error. any ideas?
Sounds like you might need to put the phone in DFU mode first, then restore, then add your turbo sim, and then you should be good to go

Sep 24, 2008
Sounds like you might need to put the phone in DFU mode first, then restore, then add your turbo sim, and then you should be good to go
I did put the phone in DFU, restored in iTines 8.0, updated and still no luck.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
use quickpwn and it helps you get into DFU mode by counting the seconds down and telling you what buttons to push... the steps are

hold home for 5 seconds
hold home and power for 10 seconds
release the power button and keep holding home for 30 seconds

that will put it in dfu mode and allow you to restore/upgrade your F/W

hope that helps