Help! My Daughter cracked her iPod touch screen

Discussion in 'iPod Touch' started by Irish76, May 12, 2013.

1. Irish76

Irish76 Member
    Bronze

My Daughter dropped her 4th gen iPod touch & broke the glass near the home button. No Apple care plan. What is best way to replace the glass & not break the bank?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

Depending how brave you are you can fix it yourself by buying a replacement screen online and do a youtube search for replacing the screen or send it in to a reputable repair company, but that will cost about $50 - $100. Apple would do the best job repairing the screen so you may want to take it to your local Apple store to get a quote.

3. AdamDaieh

AdamDaieh Member
    Bronze

You can do it yourself if you know how to do it. You can also check videos on how to replace it. But if you're not so sure about it then I suggest you take it to the nearest shop that offers affordable service for screen replacement.

4. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

I would search your local area for places that repair cell phones/tech devices. A lot of malls near me now have them. They usually have those screens in stock and can repair them on the spot. As someone else mentioned, if you are brave you can buy repair kits online and do it yourself, but this can be tricky.

Good luck!