help! My installer keeps crashing

shane842

Jan 2, 2008
Please Help! Installer Crashing!

everytime I try to get into my installer it looks like its gonna start refreshing sources but then crashes and goes back to my home screen

shane842

Jan 2, 2008
Please HELP

everytime I try to get into my installer it looks like its gonna start refreshing sources but then crashes and goes back to my home screen
HELP!

YAKUZA

Jul 22, 2007
I have the same problem, just started happening a couple of days ago.

onyxxx6700

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
Same with me, and I am totally screwed. I am running 1.0.2

I figured I would go ahead and finally upgrade so that I can start all over, did an internet search and guess what? They all tell me to upgrade using....you guessed it.....INSTALLER.

So if my installer crashed, and I can't restore because of the damaged baseband, am I screwed?

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
You're Not Screwed

No. You're not screwed. What I did was plug in my iPhone, go to this website: http://iPhone.nullriver.com/beta/, and download the old, old version of Installer (v2.63) directly to my phone. Don't connect to iTunes and close any programs that you use to modify or access your phone before you run this.

Yeah, I know, it's a b**** having to scroll down that big long list, because this version of Installer doesn't have the apps categories in folders, but at least it doesn't crash the moment I open it, and I can actually install stuff.

If someone finds Installer v3.0 or something a little more current than 2.63, PLEASE send me the link so I can grab it.

BTW, Installer v3.1 should still be sitting there in your uninstalled category, but when you go to it to uninstall it, it only gives a choice to Reinstall. Don't be a fool like me and reinstall it, hoping that something has changed, because it will just keep crashing again, and you will have to repeat the process to get old and crappy 2.63 back.

If you want to upgrade to 1.1.4, you don't absolutely have to use Installer, though. You should try using this program called ZiPhone. Look at this video. It is truly so easy a caveman can do it.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
If you're using a Mac, download the new version of iDemocracy and use the 'Fix Installer' feature. It solves this issue.

- John

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Is there a fix like that for Windows?

onyxxx6700

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
Well I am out of the woods (sort of). Went to iBrickr and used the PXL to get installer back, but now I am stuck on v1.7 beta with no way to update.

I am on Windows btw.

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Are you going to try to go to the website on my previous post to get v2.63? I mean, I know it still sucks that it's not 3.0 or 3.1, but at least it's more current than 1.7.

onyxxx6700

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
I tried that, but I didn't find the source for the v2.63. What exactly do I click to get to the list?

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
It actually says, "All iTunes versions: Download v0.92." It's in the second gray box, but it actually installs v2.63. I guess they just forgot to update the text on the website when they updated the link or something. But you can just click that link here, and it will work.

But do not do this if your phone is UNLOCKED!

YAKUZA

Jul 22, 2007
will changing permissions to 755 on installer.app help any?

onyxxx6700

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
It actually says, "All iTunes versions: Download v0.92." It's in the second gray box, but it actually installs v2.63. I guess they just forgot to update the text on the website when they updated the link or something. But you can just click that link here, and it will work.

Dude, I clicked your link, the on the second box clicked ver 1.0.2 then my phone went straight to restore mode.....now I am stuck on the yellow triangle.

what have to done to me?

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
You need to wait until all those white words on the black screen goes away and it says Done. Then your phone will go out of that mode and it will take you to the unlock screen.

I KNOW it works because I was using 1.0.2 when I did it.

onyxxx6700

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
Dude, I clicked your link, the on the second box clicked ver 1.0.2 then my phone went straight to restore mode.....now I am stuck on the yellow triangle.

what have to done to me?
Can anyone help me? I have just entered restore mode with an 1.0.2 damaged basband phone.

What do I do?

onyxxx6700

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
Can anyone help me? I have just entered restore mode with an 1.0.2 damaged basband phone.

What do I do?

MY PHONE WAS ALREADY UNLOCKED. I just wanted the installer app back!

onyxxx6700

Bronze
Oct 27, 2007
Can someone get me off of the yellow triangle? Or did I JUST BRICK MYFRIGGIN PHONE?!?!?!?!?!

fdchilds16

Bronze
May 6, 2008
Did you have iTunes or any other program that can modify or access your phone open when you did it?