Help! My iPhone dead!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

LOMER

Nov 16, 2007
Hi guys I've v 1.0 when I use this method to update it to 1.0.2:
1. download the 1.0.2 buy following THIS LINK [["(All rights and content belong to Apple)"]]

2. go to iTunes and connect your iPhone

3. click the iPhone tab

4. hold down 'shift' and click restore and a popup with a file browser should come up. [[Note: hold down ctrl if your a Mac user]]

5. choose the 1.0.2 file and press ok, it should update and your done!
http://www.iphone-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=1929#p1929
the I phone gives me a message that I have to connect to iTunes! and iTunes gives me an error message: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes."
what should I do?

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Hi guys I've v 1.0 when I use this method to update it to 1.0.2:
the I phone gives me a message that I have to connect to iTunes! and iTunes gives me an error message: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes."
what should I do?
You have followed the guide and phone has been upgraded correctly. Next you need the tool (software) avaliable to coax the phone back into normal boot :laugh2:

Windows or OS X?

iCreep

Bronze
Nov 14, 2007
I got the same message when I was trying that. I just upgraded and restored because I didn't want to get stuck with a brick haha.

iCreep.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
I got the same message when I was trying that. I just upgraded and restored because I didn't want to get stuck with a brick haha.

iCreep.

If you run programs like independence (for mac) while connected it auto brings it back to normal.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Thanks all
where can i find independence for mac
http://code.google.com/p/independence/

Make sure you have iTunes V7.43 or below, as it does not work with the new iTunes v7.5.

All you have to do is make sure iTunes is closed and you have ended the iTunes Helper Process (you can do this by opening the activity monitor.....selecting it and choosing quit process.)

If you don't quit that process then it can f**k up your phone or make iNdependence half way through :laugh2:.

To bring your phone back, just plug it in and open iNdependence and leave it for a few minutes. You should then pop up with the activation screen.

At this point u can use iNdependence to activate & jailbreak:laugh2:

Let me know if i can help further.

LOMER

Nov 16, 2007
Thanks man it's back!
but i've black screen!? there are nothing except the clock, signal and battery.
how can I restore everything?

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
Thanks man it's back!
but i've black screen!? there are nothing except the clock, signal and battery.
how can I restore everything?

Doing a restore should have restored it back to factory settings. I would perhaps do another restore to make sure it completed this time. You could take the steps while on v1.02 to upgrade to v1.1.1. It's quite easy (especially when using a Mac like us 2).

I would say v1.1.1 is a major improvement over v1.02.

EDIT : BTW the iTunes Helper process comes back on every time u reboot OS X.

You could try restarting the phone first to make sure.

LOMER

Nov 16, 2007
yes, but my iPhone (1.0)is already unlocked.
Is it ok to update it to 1.1.1 ? if so how and how can I re-unlock it again.

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
yes, but my iPhone (1.0)is already unlocked.
Is it ok to update it to 1.1.1 ? if so how and how can I re-unlock it again.

If you're unlocked on v1.0, then you'll have to virginize your baseband before you upgrade. Fortunately for you, there are super easy methods avalible via installer now! :laugh2:

What baseband does v1.0 have (You can check this in Settings, General, About and check the modem firmware number? If it says "03.14.04 then Run the "The Virginizer (03.x)". If this is correct so far then add the source "i.unlock.no" to the installer, refresh the sources and choose the unlocking tools folder.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AUTOLOCK SET TO NEVER AND YOU HAVE EITHER A FULL OR ALMOST FULL BATTERY AND DOWNLOAD AND RUN IT. After it has completed (can take up to 10 minutes, restart your phone and post back! :D )

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
it's 03.12.06_G , so what should I do?
Not sure if there is a virginizer for that firmware! :mad:

You could try the firmware erase and restore (it will erase your current firmware and put on the firmware required for the upgrade).

I'll locate the guide just now for you (Don't worry, it's a step by step guide with screenshots). ;)

Stevonw

Silver
Sep 14, 2007
UK
This is the manual method and will not require you to virginize your baseband again before upgrading. It will allow you to upgrade to v1.02 no problem (you need to be on v1.02 to perform the pre-1.1.1 upgrades).

Guide here - http://modmyifone.com/wiki/index.php/Downgrade_1.0.2_baseband_OS_X_iPhone

Same warnings apply - make sure you have auto lock set to never, wi-fi connected and a full battery before proceeding!