Help my iPhone has a mind of its own!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
The phone is jailbroken, 3rd party apps on 1.1.1 - never any problems until tonight. Start up the iPhone and black and white zebra stripes scroll up and down the phone, than my wallpaper changes without me touching it, my apps launch 1 by 1 by themselves, and the screen is dim and the touch wont respond. iTunes won't recognize the iPhone and cannot restore. Any suggestions?

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
Everyone needs to stop using apptapp for the 1.1.1. because mine did crazy stuff too i spent about 3 hours figuring everything out. They have to notify the creators about the problems its causing

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I don't think the Jailbreak process is to blame as much as some of the programs available in the installer.
I installed Labyrinth on my phone after jailbreaking, and it was a bit "buggy". The screen would constantly flicker and jump. I uninstalled and reinstalled to see if it possible got screwed up in the install, and it still performed the same. Finally, my phone locked up trying to answer a call and I had to do a hard reset to get it back up. (yeah, panicked there for a minute).
As soon as I got home I did a 1.1.1 restore to the phone and it's running smooth as can be. It ran smooth when jailbroken, but with a minor exception to apps here and there. I normally used VNSea, Vnotes, Lights off, and something else that escapes me at the moment, and the phone was solid.
I start installing Tap Tap revolution, Labyrinth, and other games/apps, and things got buggy.
I think there needs to be a list of apps with users' experience for each one. Users list firmware, and version of installer, and when how the program was.
-just a thought.