HELP! My iPhone keeps telling me I have Voiemail.. but I don't.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Con04

Jul 5, 2007
Hey, I recently purchased an unlocked iPhone and I am using my Orange UK sim card in it. Voicemail works fine, and upon clicking the voicemail button in the Phone app it automatically calls my voiemail service. However, I received a voicemail message and the little red badge appeared over the Phone App and Voicemail within. I read the voicemail and deleted it, but the badge is still there. I've definitely deleted it, I have called voicemail several times and it is definitely gone, and I don't know what I can do to make the badge disappear - it's really starting to bug me!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a bunch.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
this happened to me once and when i did a hard restart it fixed the problem.

i'm not sure why it won't work for you..

maybe if you called your iPhone from your house phone or something and left a real voicemail then maybe it would fix the problem?

Scholar

Oct 3, 2007
i've heard of this a couple of times...

there's a signal that's sent to your phone from the carrier... it tells the phone when there's a vm and when it's been removed. it's sounding like you're not getting the second signal...

over here we're getting the second signal.... but the phone is interpreting it as a whole new voicemail. so i'm getting a second alert...