Help my iPod Touch home button not working

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

josefo

Dec 7, 2007
Hi,
Maybe someone can help me.
My Ipod Tocuh, can do everything, synchronize, open apps, etc, etc. But...the home button is not working I press to shut my ipod but nothing. Try to reset with the 2 buttons for 8 seconds and nothing ! It just refuses to get off !

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Hi,
My Ipod Tocuh, can do everything, synchronize, open apps, etc, etc. But...the home button is not working I press to shut my ipod but nothing. Try to reset with the 2 buttons for 8 seconds and nothing ! It just refuses to get off !
What are you trying to do exactly... just turn it off? If so you don't use the home button to shut it off, you need to press and hold the sleep/wake button on the top of the touch until the slider appears on the screen to shut it off.

josefo

Dec 7, 2007
What are you trying to do exactly... just turn it off? If so you don't use the home button to shut it off, you need to press and hold the sleep/wake button on the top of the touch until the slider appears on the screen to shut it off.
I know it is the sleep/wake button that does nothing, no matter how much time I press it !

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I know it is the sleep/wake button that does nothing, no matter how much time I press it !
Your 1st post says the home button which is the one at the bottom.

Hi,

josefo

Dec 7, 2007
Your 1st post says the home button which is the one at the bottom.
Sorry, my mistake, indeed it is the sleep/wake button not working. The home button is working fine, except when in use with the sleep/wake to try to reset, nothing hapens...