help! my mics not working

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

chocolate

Oct 5, 2007
so this is what happened. I made call's yesterday in the afternoon and it worked perfectly and when i made another call last night, the person on the other end couldn't hear me but i could hear him perfectly. the best he could hear was a very faint sound when i would scream into the mic. it's been that way ever since. i could hear him perfectly so the speakers working well, it's just the mic that's gone crazy. i dropped my phone over a week ago and there were no problems at all till last night so i don't think that was the cause, it just happened suddenly. the only way that the person on the other end could hear me is if i used the earphones that came with the iPhone. help!

chocolate

Oct 5, 2007
okay so i tried installing the vnotes app and i recorded my voice. it recorded but the sound was barely audible. i tried again using the headset and it turned out great. so the mic on my phone's busted. could it be just a software glitch? i'm not exactly what u call tech savvy so i'm pretty lost right now and panicking. my phone's unlocked so i'm afraid i won't be able to have it fixed under the warranty. please help! i don't know what to do! :(

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
You might try a reset and then if necessary a restore.

You're right about not being able to get a warranty repair, you voided that once you unlocked it. Apple may repair it for a fee but I'm not even sure about that. You may need to call them and see what if anything they can do for you.

chocolate

Oct 5, 2007
i'm planning to bring the iPhone to Apple but before that have it relocked and put in an AT&T sim. will they be able to tell whether the iPhone's been unlocked before so it voids the warranty? or will they service it under the warranty, no questions asked? i'm pretty much in the dark right now so i need all the help i can get. thanks.

chocolate

Oct 5, 2007
Have you tried plugging and unplugging your headset a few times? sometimes the headset causes sound/mic not to work after using headphones.
yup, tried that. i even tried resetting the iPhone, turning it on and off and nothing works. :( so i guess its the hardware and the only option i can think of right now is bringing it to Apple.