Help! Need to get iPhone out of DFU

Discussion in 'Cydia Apps' started by DballerP, Feb 14, 2012.

1. DballerP

DballerP New Member

Here is the story of my iPhone:

So I was downloading a cydia tweak, which closes the folder upon opening the app. However, this stopped another tweak I had (that let me put as many apps as I want in one folder). I tried going back to cydia, but it crashed every time I tried to open it. I then restarted it, hoping that would help, but that's how it got stuck in DFU mode.

I tried the multiple combination of pressing home and power button, let battery die and plug it up, etc. I want to know if there is ANY possible way I can fix this without having to lose my cydia.

If there is a way to save cydia and all the apps, that would be nice too.

2. irainbow_chic

irainbow_chic Member
    Bronze

Oh no. Your best bet is going to be a restore. Have you tried connecting to iTunes?

Anytime my phone was in DFU mode too long, it turned itself back on? That's what I don't understand.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app

3. Chris5956

Chris5956 Member
    Bronze

You cannot mention the use of cracked apps

Aside from that, are you running a teathered jailbreak? What firmware? Jailbroken using.....?

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Post edited to remove mention of piracy software.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Moved to Cydia Apps.

Install DiskAid on your computer and see if you still have remote access to the file system of the phone. If so, just remove FolderCloser, Infinifolders or Folder Enhancer and you should be fine.

6. DballerP

DballerP New Member

Will try what you said europa.

Now I see I was trying to be greedy with keeping my cydia apps, so I actually did try to restore. Now that's giving me problems.

I did a shift click and used the ios 5 to restore it from. It gives me error 1602. I tried using recboot, iREB, Multiple home + power combinations. Nothing has worked.

I need something, anything, that will help restore my phone. At this point I don't give a damn about cydia, I'll reinstall it later. I just want my phone back.

And I'm on IOS 5.0.1. 3GS phone

EDIT: DiskAid won't recognize my iPhone

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Are you trying to restrore to a stock version of 5.0.1? Do a hard reset and then try restoring again. Use RecBoot if you get the 1602 error again. Be sure to temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus program first.

8. DballerP

DballerP New Member

Ok now that I have finally restored it by putting the 5.0.1 firmware with snowbreeze. But now I can't get service on my iPhone.

My phone number won't show on iTunes and i get no service on my iPhone. It won't even have the searching thingy.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

What carrier do you use?

10. DballerP

DballerP New Member

im on rogers

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Is the phone locked to Rogers or software unlocked?

If it's locked to Rogers, try resetting your network settings. If it's unlocked, did you preserve your baseband?

12. DballerP

DballerP New Member

I've reset my network settings twice with no luck. What do you mean by preserve baseband?

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Is your phone locked to Rogers or is it software unlocked?

Preserving the baseband is something that has to be done to keep phones unlockable. It's irrelevant if you're using a phone with the official carrier it's locked to.

14. DballerP

DballerP New Member

When I go to settings it is showing that my carrier is rogers, but it shows no service and my iTunes can't show my phone number.

If I restore it do I have to unlock it again? If so, then most likely it is locked.

15. OhMatty

OhMatty New Member

This may or may not help you. I have had my phone get stuck in bootload on me a few times after Jailbreak. What I did was put it into DFU then after it is in DFU I would do the same combination of buttons that (from my knowledge) takes it right back out of DFU and restarts your phone. That always seems to fix any issues I have had.