Help Needed!! My hard drive crashed!

kbasham

Jul 15, 2008
Hey guys I need help. I am a photographer and I made a portfolio under photo library on my iPhone. Now my hard drive has crashed and there are a few pictures on my iPhone that I need to get back onto my computer. Is there any way to do this?

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
the hard drive in your computer crashed?

There's no way to put any data onto your computer with a bad hard drive.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
ok, well that is key info you left out, watson.

if you plug your iPhone into any computer, you should be able to pull the pics off of it like with any digital camera. It's possible you may need iTunes installed, but maybe not.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Don't think you need iTunes. If everything is set right in "my computer" the phone will be recognized as a camera and you will get a pop up asking for what action to take.

How you have changed hippo.:p

kbasham

Jul 15, 2008
When I plug in my iPhone, I can get the pictures from the camera roll but not the photo library. Any suggestions?

ok, well that is key info you left out, watson.

if you plug your iPhone into any computer, you should be able to pull the pics off of it like with any digital camera. It's possible you may need iTunes installed, but maybe not.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
Don't think you need iTunes. If everything is set right in "my computer" the phone will be recognized as a camera and you will get a pop up asking for what action to take.

How you have changed hippo.:p
that's what i figured, but i thought maybe iTunes includes a driver for the camera access, charging, etc.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
When I plug in my iPhone, I can get the pictures from the camera roll but not the photo library. Any suggestions?
ah, in that case, you could probably email them to yourself. Unfortunately, i think syncing of any form on a different computer will erase all your pics.

kbasham

Jul 15, 2008
Got it guys. Got a program called Tansee and it transfered it back to the pc for me.
Thanks for everyones help