HELP! No phone signal, no EDGE!

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
Okey dokey, so I need some help here!

I had previously jailbroken my phone using the Pwnage Tool and iPhone OS 2.0.1. I used Pwnage's novice mode (the mode where I don't make any decisions). No problems at all.

Last night, I downloaded 2.0.2 (ONLY downloaded--not installed) and Pwnage 2.0.3.

I created a new custom restore file, this time using the expert mode, because I wanted to started Apple logo and not the PineApple logo that you get with the novice mode.

Anyway, I went to restore my phone using the new created IPSW file and everything SEEMED to work until I suddently realized that I have no cell service and no edge. Edge is gone, and my phone says "No Service". Everything else seems to work fine?

Any ideas here folks?

Oh, also, I can't get my phone to go into restore mode. I know other's have had this issue.

I am using a first generation iPhone and a Mac.

If you can help, please do. Right now, I've got an expensive WiFi iPod.

Thank you in advance!

THEHNIC

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
CA
You will need to restore and make a new IPSW file with Pwnage 2.0.3.1.tbz

You can get it from the Dev Teams Site.

Should fix all of you problems.

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
You will need to restore and make a new IPSW file with Pwnage 2.0.3.1.tbz

You can get it from the Dev Teams Site.

Should fix all of you problems.
That's actually what I did. I downloaded 2.0.3 yesterday and created a new IPSW file last night.

Is there a new version of the Pwnage tool today?

UPDATE: I just looked at their site. I didn't see anything new.

THEHNIC

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
CA
If you got the 2.0.3.1 then you have the most updated ver.

Not for sure what else it could be.

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
Well, I guess I'll have to do a full-restore. Ugh.

Just hope I haven't totally bricked my phone.

bubbamorgan91

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
DC
This happened to me and i freaked out just like you. Okay what i did to fix it was; go to your pwnage tool and make a new ipsw file, use expert mode, when you get to the screen where you can pick your options, go to general and UNCLICK (UNSELECT) activate iPhone, (do that because (assuming) you are a legite ATT customer), then the next screen, the bootneuter one, unselect all of the opitions from bottom to top, make sure you do it bottom to top, then the next screens you don't need to do anything unless you don't want the pictures they have or if you have your own pictures.

well i hope that helps. ill check back to see if you need anymore help.

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
It worked beautifully! Thank you, kind sir!

adambodkins

Bronze
Jul 15, 2008
there is also a quick fix for this but it does require a restore but I had the same problem but everything worked PM me for the link.

umbrabellator

Bronze
Jan 3, 2008
there is also a quick fix for this but it does require a restore but I had the same problem but everything worked PM me for the link.
I actually got it all fixed last night by doing a restore and then pwning it again per the instructions above.

But, thank you.