HELP! "No Service" after cruise

catnt2

Apr 5, 2008
Hi all~

I am in need of help. I just returned from a cruise. Even though I did not use my phone to make calls, I did use it to check the time.

The top bar stated "Cingular at Sea" for making calls while we were cruising outsid the US. However, now that we are home, the phone is stating "No Service" and I can not make calls or receive calls.

Do I need to re-set the phone? If so, how do I do this? Without loosing all my contacts.

If not, what would you suggest.

BTW, I am not very good with electronics-computers, so complete discriptions would be greatly appreciated!

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Hi all~

I am in need of help. I just returned from a cruise. Even though I did not use my phone to make calls, I did use it to check the time.

The top bar stated "Cingular at Sea" for making calls while we were cruising outsid the US. However, now that we are home, the phone is stating "No Service" and I can not make calls or receive calls.

Do I need to re-set the phone? If so, how do I do this? Without loosing all my contacts.

If not, what would you suggest.

BTW, I am not very good with electronics-computers, so complete discriptions would be greatly appreciated!
Try holding the wake/sleep button at the top of the phone while also pushing the home button. When you get the message to power off, keep holding the buttons until you see the white Apple on the screen.

If that doesn't work, try restoring on your machine. Make sure you have backed up your phone before restoring.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
go to setting>gereal>reset>reset all and that will reset the factory setting but you wont lose and data, pics notes or nething.

catnt2

Apr 5, 2008
go to setting>gereal>reset>reset all and that will reset the factory setting but you wont lose and data, pics notes or nething.

Thank you so much........

I am at a loss with the technology of my new phone. I am still trying to figure out how to get games and music loaded, either free or cheaper than iTunes.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
You can simply try turning on the Airplane mode and then turning it off.

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
Thank you so much........

I am at a loss with the technology of my new phone. I am still trying to figure out how to get games and music loaded, either free or cheaper than iTunes.
to get music on your iPhone you just need to import all the music on your comp into your iTunes library and then sync it to your iPhone. To get games and other apps on your phone you will need to jailbreak your iPhone.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Call AT&T let them help you. Sometimes there can be a problem with the signal being recognized on the tower after traveling out of the country.