HELP No SMS Sound on iPhone 3G

idle0095

Bronze
Mar 28, 2008
For some reason my phone only vibs when i get a sms and doesn't play the sound at all. i reset and wiped the iPhone 3g and it worked for about two hrs then nothing. when i go intot he sound settings it works and plays fine but it wont play when i get a sms. can some one tell me what is wrong and what i maybe need to do to fix this.

thanks

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
For some reason my phone only vibs when i get a sms and doesn't play the sound at all. i reset and wiped the iPhone 3g and it worked for about two hrs then nothing. when i go intot he sound settings it works and plays fine but it wont play when i get a sms. can some one tell me what is wrong and what i maybe need to do to fix this.

thanks
Are you sure the silent/ring switch isn't on silent? The silent position also works as vibrate. Slide that switch up, if that is the case.

idle0095

Bronze
Mar 28, 2008
no thats not the case. ive trid everything. im gonna restore 2.0 now and see if that fixes this mess.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I have the same issue from time to time, if I have either used the App store or loaded the GPS in Google Maps or Loopt, I either have to reboot or force it to make a sound. I have noticed since I changed the default text tone, I haven't had an issue. I can't figure it out either.... they are bugs that will be fixed with patience

idle0095

Bronze
Mar 28, 2008
ya these bugs which are many should have been fixed before releaseing 2.0 but its all good.