HELP! No sound after The New JB for 1.1.3

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
PLease someone Help !

i did the newely realeased jailbreak by ziPhone and everything went great..

But now i have no sound...:mad:

what can i do to get my sound back ?

thanks in advance.

x666x

Bronze
Jan 24, 2008
Plug/unplug your headphones

mcweizer

Sep 11, 2007
I had the same problem. What apps have you downloaded from the installer? I started deleting things and got it working again...

brzman1

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Miami, Fl
I had the same problem. What apps have you downloaded from the installer? I started deleting things and got it working again...
I'm getting the same problem. I have no sound when callers are talking and they can't hear me. I also don't get unlocking/locking sounds. When i dial the keypad-no sound.

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
the problem seems to start when downloading any type of Summerboard app, either the old or new.

i hope there is work around this issue....

can anyone help or knows how to fix this ?

EDIT: this happens to all apps... some after rebooting.

Someone please help..!

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Found the fix !

all you have to do is go to Settings >General > Reset > reset all settings ! :laugh2:

that is all !:laugh2:

brzman1

Bronze
Aug 14, 2007
Miami, Fl
Found the fix !

all you have to do is go to Settings >General > Reset > reset all settings ! :laugh2:

that is all !:laugh2:
And I found another fix. Well not me but i went all the way to the Apple store because my phone lost all sound and no matter what i did, (restore, reset, re, re, re, re) nothing. The guy at the store took a can of compressed air and placed it in the headphone jack and fired a couple of shots. FIXED just like that. He advised sometimes dust particules get inside the jack and when headphones are placed inside, it pushes the particules down making the phone think the head phones are still in. duh! But ofcourse try plugging in the head phones and removing them; this works sometimes

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
And I found another fix. Well not me but i went all the way to the Apple store because my phone lost all sound and no matter what i did, (restore, reset, re, re, re, re) nothing. The guy at the store took a can of compressed air and placed it in the headphone jack and fired a couple of shots. FIXED just like that. He advised sometimes dust particules get inside the jack and when headphones are placed inside, it pushes the particules down making the phone think the head phones are still in. duh!
Wow. That's a new one for me, and I've been here since iDay.

When the fix for low speaker volume was first posted - using a needle to poke a hole in the dust guard that lives under the grill - some people commented that it was kinda silly for Apple to have a dust guard there (esp since it was occasionally poorly positioned and interfered with volume) when the headphone jack is, like, wide open for dust.

Lo and behold, the headphone jack can become a quality control issue as well. Man - thank goodness for this forum! Still - I can't imagine how many pearls of wisdom live here that might be tough to find even with a proper search...