Help pairing iPhone Bluetooth with Hyundai

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Mhlewis, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Mhlewis

Mhlewis New Member

I just got a new Hyundai elantra gt with Bluetooth. My phone pairs fine, however the only audio sources I am given are the hyundai blue tooth, headphone or speaker. This means if I am in a Bluetooth call and want to switch it to my phone I can only do it in speaker mode. Once in speaker mode if I try to turn off the speaker I can't hear anything. Does this mean there is something stuck in my headphone jack that is causing the phone to think there are headphones connected, or could it be a software issue?

Sent using iCafe app

2. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

You should have an option to choose your iPhone in the Audio Source menu visible during an active call, which should show you options like this:

apple_iphone_phone2.jpg

That's not my image but it's similar to what I see when my iPhone is connected to my car's Bluetooth system. Tapping on iPhone switches the call away from the Bluetooth system so I can put the iPhone up to my ear. I've found that plugging in headphones takes precedence over the Bluetooth connection so that's never an issue.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, it's detecting headphones. Once you get it to stop detecting them, it will show iPhone where it's now showing headphones.

Try these steps in order and test in between each one:
    1. Toggle Bluetooth off and then back on again.
    2. Plug in and unplug your headphones several times. This sometimes gets it to stop detecting them when they aren't there.
    3. Do a hard reset. Press the home and power buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo.