help - phone crashing

gduggan

Jun 2, 2008
I have an iPhone with 1.1.4 softwhere. i installed the bosstool package from installer and I became a little greedy with the disk space saver...I moved the icons and wallpaper with no problems but wgeb i moved the applications my phone now will not boot up...i turn it on and the normal Apple icon comes up and then the loading icon goes over top of it...i have bsd subsystem, ssh, installer, and term on it.......is there anything I can do? any way to load the unbricked software on it and then re-unbrick it? any help is very much appreciated.....thank you in advance

--Graeme

ps. sorry if this is a duplicate thread....I am on an extremely slow internet connection in Bali

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
I have an iPhone with 1.1.4 softwhere. i installed the bosstool package from installer and I became a little greedy with the disk space saver...I moved the icons and wallpaper with no problems but wgeb i moved the applications my phone now will not boot up...i turn it on and the normal Apple icon comes up and then the loading icon goes over top of it...i have bsd subsystem, ssh, installer, and term on it.......is there anything I can do? any way to load the unbricked software on it and then re-unbrick it? any help is very much appreciated.....thank you in advance

--Graeme

ps. sorry if this is a duplicate thread....I am on an extremely slow internet connection in Bali
I would probably restore and rejailbreak. I don't like to use Bosstool to move stuff around. I prefer to use OpenSSH. I want to see what I'm doing.

Good luck

gduggan

Jun 2, 2008
thanks for the advice michael180....i shouldnt have a problem doing that when i get back home....i put a password on my phone that has to be keyed in when i plug it into iTunes...will this affect me doing the restore since i cant see the screen to key it in...or will i be able to put it into DFU mode without problems and complete the restore?

thanks again in advance

--Graeme

You better do it quickly since their may be an update to iTunes and iPhone software later today. It would put you at 2.0 possibly (if we get the update today) and will affect your jailbreak. Of course, you can always find the old versions on the net but it would be more of a hassle.

gduggan

Jun 2, 2008
I wont be back in Canada until July 3 so I will have to look for the older software...thanks for the advice

I also forgot to mention that I do know the password but I cant see the screen to type it in

Is there a recommended way to do a recovery...i had 1.1.4 on it....should I recover to 1.1.3 and then upgrade? or can I go straight to 1.1.4?

thanks in advance

--Graeme

bubbamorgan91

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
DC
this happened to me a while ago, you have to restore. you can restore straight to 1.1.4. then you can use a back up if you made one if not then you will just have to sync everything to your phone again.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
The 2.0 software has not been released yet, and will not be until July 11th, so providing you Restore before the 11th, you will be fine.

- John

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com