Help! Phone keeps lighting up every minute, flAT&Tening battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BMWbiker, Sep 29, 2011.

1. BMWbiker

BMWbiker New Member

My iPhone 4 works perfectly normally at home in the UK but every time I travel in Europe I encounter the same problem. This week I am in Malta. When I switched from 'airplane mode' on arrival, the phone searched and joined a local network successfuly. I can send and receive texts successfuly and make and receive calls. I have turned off everything else, so as not to run up huge data charges. The problem is that every minute or so the phone lights up on the unlock screen and flashes a message for a fraction of a second - too briefly to read it - and this runs the battery down very quickly. I have tried a hard reboot with no effect. Has anybody encountered this problem? I am staying with friends and typing this on their notebook.

2. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Never heard of this problem. I would try a restore as soon as you get home because I can't think of anything else to do. Unless, are you jailbroken?

3. BMWbiker

BMWbiker New Member

Thanks. Yes, I will be able to sort it out when I get back home.(I'm not jail-broken). Maybe there is an Apple store on the island (I wish!)