help! phone will not charge!

luvmyiphone25

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
So I just got home tonite and my phone battery is low. I plug it into my computer like i always do and it was not connecting to the computer. It really hasn't worked with the wall charger since a week after I got it in July but I really didn't care since it worked just fine with the computer. I even took out my ipod cord to see if the phone would charge off of that. that didn't work. then i just tryed to see if my nano would charge through my computer and that did worked just fine. so i am guessing its my phone?!?!?! im so upset right now i don't know what else to do. when i wake up tomorrow i am gonna see if it will charge on the car charger and i have never had a problem with that before.
and by the way i even reset the phone! im completely stumped i don't know what to do. i got my phone on iday and really never had any problems with it. and if it is the phone i don't want to have to exchange it in for another one!

anyone with a suggestion i am all ears!

thank you so much!

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
I don't know what to tell you. I would imagine that you would have thought about taking it to an Apple store and see what they can do for you. Based on the desperation in your post, I am guessing that's not an option... by any chance is your phone unlocked?

USB charges slower than a wall charger. I think at the first sign I was having a problem I would have done something about it...but that's just me.

luvmyiPhone25 said:
and if it is the phone i don't want to have to exchange it in for another one!
If it's the phone you don't want to exchange it? Then you're still at square one with a phone that wont charge. After trying different chargers with still no luck, then your best best is to try your luck at the store.

BTW- you mentioned reset... are you saying you did a restore?

luvmyiphone25

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
this stuff only happens to me!

So this morning when i woke up i tryed again to charge my phone through my computer and still it wouldn't work. i also have a pc in my house so i tryed through the pc and it worked! so then i was thinking maybe it was my computer(ibook g4). i called the Apple support and the girl on the phone had me try a couple of different things and nothing would work. so was confused so she said if i could take it to the nearest Apple store they would be able to help me out in person. so then she made me an appoitment and i went. when i got to the genius bar and the Apple guy tryed to plug the iPhone into my computer IT WORKED! it connected to my computer. i was so mad and very embarresed. i was like go figure i drive 40 minutes to this store and it wored after i tryed everything possible to get my phone to connect to the computer. But i did get a new wall charger out of it because that hasn't been working in the longest time. i am just waiting to go to bed tonite and charge my phone and it not work. lol o well!