Help Please going from 1.02 to 1.1.3

gjklm12

Jul 2, 2007
Ok I need help with this one, I kind of dropped off the iPhone planet for about 3 months and there have been several updates since I did this last. Right now I have a jailbroke 1.02 (not unlocked) and want to go to an unlocked jailbroke 1.1.3 I have installer on the screen currently and not sure the best way to do this. I am in the philippines right now and do not have my notes from 3 months back. Please point me to the step by step or can someone please help me get this done? Where do you get the 1.1.3 firmware since iTunes is now on 1.1.4 and how do I load it if I do get it?

Sorry but I have searched and cant find the specific for this one....Thanks Gary

Sep 29, 2007
Ok I need help with this one, I kind of dropped off the iPhone planet for about 3 months and there have been several updates since I did this last. Right now I have a jailbroke 1.02 (not unlocked) and want to go to an unlocked jailbroke 1.1.3 I have installer on the screen currently and not sure the best way to do this. I am in the philippines right now and do not have my notes from 3 months back. Please point me to the step by step or can someone please help me get this done? Where do you get the 1.1.3 firmware since iTunes is now on 1.1.4 and how do I load it if I do get it?

Sorry but I have searched and cant find the specific for this one....Thanks Gary
Helo Gary,

To get to 1.1.3 jailbroken it is quite easy actually. I am presuming you are using a PC as it seems a majority of people are. First if you want to go to 1.1.3 you will have to download the firmware but this is what I recommend. The jailbreak process for 1.1.4 is the same for 1.1.3. It will be easier to get to 1.1.4 as all you have to do is upgrade via iTunes.

One you have upgraded download the follow application:
(Click on this link and choose mac or pc)http://www.downloadziPhone.org/

Once you are there follow these instructions:

1. Upgrade to the new 1.1.4 Firmware, if you do not have the option click check of update and it should show you the new 1.1.4 firmware is available. If you have not downloaded it, click download and install.

2. While you are waiting for your iPhone to upgrade to 1.1.4, download THIS (PC Download This).

3. Once you are on 1.1.4 firmware head over to ZiPhone which you just downloaded. Click the Jailbreak(iPhone or iPod touch) button and then hit start when you are ready.

From there you will see that it enters recovery mode and do not be alarmed you are not restoring.

After recovery mode you will see your iPhone/iPod touch displaying a lot of characters as it logs the process so you may see what went wrong if it ever receives an error. Then it will display this:

It says to wait 45 seconds and after this time your device will shut off and power back on and it will be jailbroken!

gjklm12

Jul 2, 2007
I have ziPhone 2.4 already

I already have the 2.4 version and am currently downloading the 1.1.3 firmware which will be done in about 10 min. I am guessing if I do a SHITF Restore to the new file I am downloading then I will be able to use the ziPhone software correct? Or is there a better way. I have not seen anything concrete that says 1.1.4 will work with ziPhone, have you tried it?

Thanks
Gary

gjklm12

Jul 2, 2007
I already have the 2.4 version and am currently downloading the 1.1.3 firmware which will be done in about 10 min. I am guessing if I do a SHITF Restore to the new file I am downloading then I will be able to use the ziPhone software correct? Or is there a better way. I have not seen anything concrete that says 1.1.4 will work with ziPhone, have you tried it?

Thanks
Gary

All is well now, somehow I managed to upgrade to 1.1.4 and unlock and jailbreak. But I am not sure if there is a summerboard available yet for 1.1.4? And I noticed some 3rd party apps are not working (Mobile Tetrominos.....Tetris).

thanks for the help

ryova

Nov 7, 2007
same problem

I am with the same problem as you have, I have a jailbroke 1.02 (the difference is that mine is unlocked) and want to go to an unlocked jailbroke 1.1.4.
I doubt this;
If I follow the steps you explained, the phone becomes besides escaped, unlocked? For me it is really important to be unblocked, which is the best way to do this?
Thank you

ryova

Nov 7, 2007
I am with the same problem as you have, I have a jailbroke 1.02 (the difference is that mine is unlocked) and want to go to an unlocked jailbroke 1.1.4.
I doubt this;
If I follow the steps you explained, the phone becomes besides jailbroke, unlocked? For me it is really important to be unblocked, which is the best way to do this?
Thank you

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
I doubt this;
If I follow the steps you explained, the phone becomes besides escaped, unlocked? For me it is really important to be unblocked, which is the best way to do this?
Thank you
Do a RESTORE to 1.1.4. Then run ZiPhone and choose "Unlock" or Do It All!" depending on if you're a risk taker or not.

I want to point out that you MUST do a restore to 1.1.4 since a straight upgrade to 1.1.4 will give you a permanent brick.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
as depthnerd said it is ESSENTIAL that you restore, especially if you are coming from 1.0.2 unlocked.

1) connect iPhone to iTunes
2) press restore in iTunes
3) download ziPhone
4) open ZiPhone, and select Do It All
5) wait for about 3 minutes as your iPhone works..
6) it will be done in 3-4 minutes
7) dance.