HELP PLEASE i have 3d Party apps. do i upgrade?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mutilate607

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
:oops: ok.... i have not unlocked my iPhone. i still use it with AT&T. but i have used ibrickr and put on stuff liek summerboard to change the look of my phone and stuff like that. do i upgrade to the 1.1.1 firmware? what will happen? will i loose all my apps? should i restore then upgrade then put everything back on? help ppl!

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
:oops: ok.... i have not unlocked my iPhone. i still use it with AT&T. but i have used ibrickr and put on stuff liek summerboard to change the look of my phone and stuff like that. do i upgrade to the 1.1.1 firmware? what will happen? will i loose all my apps? should i restore then upgrade then put everything back on? help ppl!
You will lose your apps if you upgrade and be forced to restore is what I'm hearing. After the upgrade, you won't be able to mod your phone again, at this point in time, but I am sure the third party software developers are working on this as week speak. Bottom line is, don't upgrade yet, if you value your mods more then the upgrade.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Like ObiWan said, you will loose your modifications and will not be able to mod again at present. But I'm sure there will be new versions of AppTapp, iBrickr, and such within the week, and the new features, especially Wi-Fi iTunes, are pretty nice.